Actually reading the OpenHardwareMonitor logs

I'm having problems with crashes on my PC so I wanted to monitor it a bit with OpenHardwareMonitor to try and catch one of the crashes in-action.

Sure enough i found the option to log th readings with 1 sec intervals (which should be enough for my purposes) but when i went to open the first logs, the logging file was such a mess that I couldn't see which numbers belonged to which spec and even after pushing it around a bit i couldn't read a thing.

The default programs my PC suggested to open the .csv file was Microsoft Excel.

Is there a way to use the logging file and translate it back into a graph?

EDIT: just should've kept on searching, found out how to import .csv data into excel properly and that OHW uses "," to seperate the data. That pretty much cleared it all into a readable table, but if anyone knows a quick and easy way to transport this data into a graph, i'd take it.

If you are getting BSoD-type crashes, the mini dump files can be uploaded here and I can pinpoint exactly what's going on

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

17 hours ago, Gehirnspaghetti said:

EDIT: just should've kept on searching, found out how to import .csv data into excel properly and that OHW uses "," to seperate the data. That pretty much cleared it all into a readable table, but if anyone knows a quick and easy way to transport this data into a graph, i'd take it.

CSV is universal data format. There's no automated ways to make graphs as it varies between software's recording data where the time column is. But once you have it in Excel or any other table software, and you get your columns sorted, then its just about selecting time to X and what you want as graph lines to Y.

But I doubt that data is going to help you find out reason for crashes. Unless they are because high temps. It doesn't give much to go on with BSODs, nor stuff like RAM or PSU failures.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, Radium_Angel said:

If you are getting BSoD-type crashes, the mini dump files can be uploaded here and I can pinpoint exactly what's going on

Sadly, no BSoD. Just a straight crash to BIOS (everything goes black, PC starts rebooting).

There was a BSoD crash recently which I think was unrelated but I will post it here.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:07 AM, LogicalDrm said:

CSV is universal data format. There's no automated ways to make graphs as it varies between software's recording data where the time column is. But once you have it in Excel or any other table software, and you get your columns sorted, then its just about selecting time to X and what you want as graph lines to Y.

But I doubt that data is going to help you find out reason for crashes. Unless they are because high temps. It doesn't give much to go on with BSODs, nor stuff like RAM or PSU failures.

Like I said above, the crash does not involve a BSoD, sadly. In what way would you try to diagnose RAM or PSU failures?

050121-42140-01.dmp

9 minutes ago, Gehirnspaghetti said:

Sadly, no BSoD. Just a straight crash to BIOS (everything goes black, PC starts rebooting).

There was a BSoD crash recently which I think was unrelated but I will post it here.

Like I said above, the crash does not involve a BSoD, sadly. In what way would you try to diagnose RAM or PSU failures?

050121-42140-01.dmp 1.41 MB · 0 downloads

That gives "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and "0x0000001e". Which indicate either RAM failure or software corruption which shows as RAM issues.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kmode-exception-not-handled-error-what-it-is-and-how-to-fix-it/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-blue-screen-stop-code-error-0x0000001e/61bb8396-6f66-49fc-9b8d-d103774485f4

There's utility for testing RAM, Memtestx86. You run it from USB, outside of Windows. Its recommended to run it for couple of hours to find possible errors.

For PSU, only way would be to stress system on purpose or try with another unit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/4/2021 at 11:28 AM, LogicalDrm said:

That gives "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and "0x0000001e". Which indicate either RAM failure or software corruption which shows as RAM issues.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kmode-exception-not-handled-error-what-it-is-and-how-to-fix-it/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-blue-screen-stop-code-error-0x0000001e/61bb8396-6f66-49fc-9b8d-d103774485f4

There's utility for testing RAM, Memtestx86. You run it from USB, outside of Windows. Its recommended to run it for couple of hours to find possible errors.

For PSU, only way would be to stress system on purpose or try with another unit.

I'll run Memtestx86 overnight then.

I have stresstested before but I'll try and redo that as well.

EDIT: Stresstested ~30 minutes using FurMark and Cinebench R23. Utilization was 100% and temps stayed nice and low (~80° on the GPU and ~70° on the CPU). No crashes or problems during the run. Windows Integrated Memory test ran yesterday with 2 completions as a target and the advanced mode enabled but wasn't able to complete (was still at 90% on the first run today, no progress made from yesterday evening) but hadn't found any problems so far either.

I ran it again just now with the standard settings and it completed twice without finding any problems. I'll update as soon as I have ran the Memtestx86.

Edited by Gehirnspaghetti
UPDATE

• 2 months later...

Update:

I have since deleted a lot of older software from my Computer, including but not limited to some PDF editors, Valorant (and by extension it's horrible companion Vanguard anti-cheat; I suspect these may have caused the problem), an old installation of LogMeIn Hamachi and some other similar program which i don't remember the name of.

The problem has since not reappeared.