looking for a new speaker setup

kendrick lamar
Go to solution Solved by kendrick lamar,
11 hours ago, geo3 said:

If that $200 is strict, then I'd go for Edifier R1700BT:  https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R1700BT-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B016PATXSI 

But for like $250 to $300 you'll start to open up better options. 

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set.

20 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Im gonna be murdered by audiophiles for this recommendation but my pick in this price range is Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio series. At sale itll be 150$ or so for the older model, and the quality is pretty much unchanged so you can go older if you dont care about audio.

hey guys

Not a lot of stock within budget in my origin country.

I will note down a list of possible speaker models, please let me know what do you think fits me best and why 🙂

Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Bluetooth

Edifier R1700BT 2.0 Bluetooth 

2.0 Edifier R1280T 

Creative T100 Compact Hi-Fi 2.0

in any of the Edifer models is there any major sound quality change? or its just the Bluetooth support?

I also have available 2.1 models but I saw you didn't suggest any to me, why is that?

Budget: TBD, worst case scenario 200$.

looking for a speaker setup for my pc desk which sits in my small room, perhaps 2.1 or 2.0.

I want a good sound quality but not too much, because Im only using the speakers on 40-50% volume.

I heard good stuff about dolby atmos if its required and fits my budget.

In terms of budget Im really not familiar with speaker prices but I wouldn't go over 200$.

thanks!

10 minutes ago, kendrick lamar said:

Budget: TBD, worst case scenario 200$

Im gonna be murdered by audiophiles for this recommendation but my pick in this price range is Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio series. At sale itll be 150$ or so for the older model, and the quality is pretty much unchanged so you can go older if you dont care about audio.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

11 hours ago, geo3 said:

If that $200 is strict, then I'd go for Edifier R1700BT:  https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R1700BT-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B016PATXSI 

But for like $250 to $300 you'll start to open up better options. 

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

20 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

hey guys

Not a lot of stock within budget in my origin country.

I will note down a list of possible speaker models, please let me know what do you think fits me best and why 🙂

Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Bluetooth

Edifier R1700BT 2.0 Bluetooth 

2.0 Edifier R1280T 

Creative T100 Compact Hi-Fi 2.0

in any of the Edifer models is there any major sound quality change? or its just the Bluetooth support?

I also have available 2.1 models but I saw you didn't suggest any to me, why is that?

+1 on the R1700BT then, looks like a better value option if thats available to you at the right price.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

+1 on the R1700BT then, looks like a better value option if thats available to you at the right price.

hows the r1280db's sound quality compared to the r1700bt?

also, are they 1.1 or 2.0? I think thats important 🙂

how are the Edifier R1280T?

I have the R1280T and they're decent. The R1700BT ARE a step up though. 

9 hours ago, kendrick lamar said:

IMO a sub isn't worth it in your price range. You'll get more by spending what you would have a sub instead on higher quality speakers. 

Edifier does have a 2.1 I'd recommend The S350DB, but it's $300.