Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for a 12+ 3.5" Unraid server for data storage.

Currently running 11 drives (3.5" Sata III) with a raid card in a "normal" desktop with win10.

I really want to move my data to an unraid server. I currently run a poweredge rack with unraid for docker game servers. and ready to add to my rack and free my desktop from my drives!

Curious about what you would recommend, probably off Ebay/used market space.  I like the 2nd gen xeon series. but open to suggestions.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Since you have a rack and a server, why not get a sas jbod for your server and just add more drives to it? You can get models like the ds 4246 pretty cheap on ebay.

Do you need unraid? What os is your current server running now?

12 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Since you have a rack and a server, why not get a sas jbod for your server and just add more drives to it? You can get models like the ds 4246 pretty cheap on ebay.

Do you need unraid? What os is your current server running now?

oh, I want them to be physically separate, one for game servers (where script kiddies may try to attack), other for media storage for local LAN. so I am open to many more options!

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

48 minutes ago, HeyKitty said:

oh, I want them to be physically separate, one for game servers (where script kiddies may try to attack), other for media storage for local LAN. so I am open to many more options!

VMs are great for this. You can use proxmox to keep the game servers seperate from them, but its all still on one box.

But if you want a sepaerate system id start looking the supermicro cs846 based systems. 24 bays in 4u.