Please help me. I got an VHS video output problem.

Patrickvhs

Hi guys!
I have a VHS Player Phillips VR488/55 and some cassetes . Yesterday I bought a LogiLink USB 2.0 Video Grabber VG0001A. I installed OBS Studio and then I connected The Video Grabber to The VHS player and then I plugged it into the computer. I added 2 sources: The Microphone and The Video. The microphone worked perfectly I could hear the noises , but the video did not work at all, it does not show at all on OBS . Please help me make the video work, I really need it for my grandpa birthday. I tried every method: I uninstall and install 4 different video capture softwares, I remove and add  the stick from computer ,I restarted the PC. I really can not find the mistake.
Can you help me?

Can you verify that you can view the video from an official software of some sorts? Can you verify the VCR and cable by plugging it into a TV and seeing if it outputs anything?

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Oooh this might be something my bf would be good at answering. He uh got banned awhile back but I'll show this to him and see what he has to say lol
He's the forum's resident VHS guy lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, Patrickvhs said:

Hi guys!
I have a VHS Player Phillips VR488/55 and some cassetes . Yesterday I bought a LogiLink USB 2.0 Video Grabber VG0001A. I installed OBS Studio and then I connected The Video Grabber to The VHS player and then I plugged it into the computer. I added 2 sources: The Microphone and The Video. The microphone worked perfectly I could hear the noises , but the video did not work at all, it does not show at all on OBS . Please help me make the video work, I really need it for my grandpa birthday. I tried every method: I uninstall and install 4 different video capture softwares, I remove and add  the stick from computer ,I restarted the PC. I really can not find the mistake.
Can you help me?

In Windows Settings, see if you have cameras enabled. Per what my bf suggested

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

-= Topic moved to Home Theater Equipment =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 hours ago, ImAlsoRan said:

Can you verify that you can view the video from an official software of some sorts? Can you verify the VCR and cable by plugging it into a TV and seeing if it outputs anything?

Hi! Thanks for the response. I plugged the VCR into a TV and I can see the video. But on my computer does not work.

What should I do?

10 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

In Windows Settings, see if you have cameras enabled. Per what my bf suggested

Thanks for the response. From what I see the camera is enabled, and the VCR works on TV.