I need a good screw driver, any ideas?

83y
On 4/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, 83y said:

Right now I have 2 cr*ppy non magnetic screw drivers and I am getting tired up of using them as they are too bulky or too short to fit in tight places in my computer.

Multiple choices would be nice.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Pro-Tech-Toolkit/IF145-307 this is good

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

Linus and Jay's two cents fighting to give they're ifixit sponsor spot~

Then while they're doing that here comes gamers Nexus to save the day with his custom kit lol

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

On 4/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, 83y said:

Right now I have 2 cr*ppy non magnetic screw drivers and I am getting tired up of using them as they are too bulky or too short to fit in tight places in my computer.

I have a Harbor Freight set that has been great for me.  Or you could get the one that Strange Parts bought for his phone market friend, it seems nice.

Snap on

Westward

Grey tools

Craftsman

Mac tools

Multibit ratcheting for quick work and a couple of mid length regular ones for tighter locations. 

On 4/23/2021 at 7:37 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

Not overpriced and not a "tech gimmick". Myself and many, many others can vouch for the quality of their tools, excellent warranty, and the company itself is one that I feel very good about supporting.

To me, I feel it is a little bit of a gimmick.

Ifixit kit is good, but not the greatest.

From just a couple of screws, it's already beginning to strip.

Not the best mangement of tips either, and more expensive.

Although I would agree with supporting ifixit though, but can't fully recommend the kit as the "go to choice".

Other tools can be longer, more precise and less stripping for either the screw or tool bits.

I see now, it might just generally be more focused on smaller devices and repair like laptops to phones, not the best for bigger stuff to PC.

Also how you see other people quit using them on youtube too, over other tools.

Edited by Quackers101

2 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

LTT - Chinese cheaper tools vs ifixit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_vwhunO7I

Project Farm, tool bits test

altthough, handle or tool is not tested and only the bits.

If you need impact bits on a PC build I think you have some other problems...

On 5/2/2021 at 4:40 PM, 83y said:

Sorry for late response, iFixit does not ship to where I live at the moment due to Covid

Do you have a BestBuy or HomeDepot Near you? They both sell iFixit Kits, at least around me.

I've been using this https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Precision-Screwdriver-Magnetic-Electronics/dp/B08MV2H7KD/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=xiaomi+screwdriver&qid=1620445612&sr=8-1 its not too bad plus portable.

Though to be frank I've been using the Ikea screwdriver kit for like the past 10 years... as long as it works honestly it's fine

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

16 hours ago, Bitter said:

If you need impact bits on a PC build I think you have some other problems...

If I'm not mistaked those bits work just as well for this tool as any other bit and it still is about how it works on screws, less torque/pressure but the fit and usability is still brought up. That might not strip or go out of the screw holes as much compared to ifixit's bits and by price.

So the bits can be used for both the screwdriver and machine screwdriver.

2 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

If I'm not mistaked those bits work just as well for this tool as any other bit and it still is about how it works on screws, less torque/pressure but the fit and usability is still brought up. That might not strip or go out of the screw holes as much compared to ifixit's bits and by price.

So the bits can be used for both the screwdriver and machine screwdriver.

I'm aware of that, they're overkill ($$) for PC work. A good diamond powder coated or similar rough surface tip on a quality Philips screw driver is plenty good. If you have a stuck screw that's stripping try a 1/4 hex driver for removal if it's got a hex on it.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:23 PM, 83y said:

ifixit screwdriver kit will work, but you can also choose chinese knockoff one that linus talk about on this video