Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my friend is considering upgrading.

Budget : 1.5K USD MAX

Country:  USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video Editing, Genshin Impact, Roblox, Minecraft

Other details: He has a R3 3200G, 16 GB Ram (Unknown speed), and he has a ASUS PRIME A320M-K

With my limited knowledge I decided that he should get a new cpu after he updates his BIOS, and a new gpu. But I need help deciding which gpu and cpu to buy. If he needs more RAM, then please do tell. Or just tell me which parts he should get.

 

Edited by Bornsteler
Needed to put more info in the topic.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the worst time to upgrade, CPUs have a high markup when they are in stock and GPUs, good luck even finding one in stock.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense WiFi: Honor Router 3 (~850Mbit peak throughput)
ISPs: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (66Mbit) + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (56Mbit) + Voxi LTE (~120Mbit)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its the worst time to upgrade, CPUs have a high markup when they are in stock and GPUs, good luck even finding one in stock.

I tried telling him that but he still wants to upgrade. But i did find some gpu's in stock, so... but thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bornsteler said:

I tried telling him that but he still wants to upgrade. But i did find some gpu's in stock, so... but thanks!

if you can buy some for msrp then great, but this time around it probably would be better and more convenient for him to go with a prebuilt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

if you can buy some for msrp then great, but this time around it probably would be better and more convenient for him to go with a prebuilt.

Ah got ya

Link to post
Share on other sites

As for upgrades, from what's listed I would say upgrading to a B550 or X570 motherboard and going with either a ryzen 7 3700x at minimum, or better yet if he can get a ryzen 5 5600x or 7 5800x

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

As for upgrades, from what's listed I would say upgrading to a B550 or X570 motherboard and going with either a ryzen 7 3700x at minimum, or better yet if he can get a ryzen 5 5600x or 7 5800x

What about GPU though? As far as i can tell he dsont' have one spare, and those cpu's don't nessesarily have a igpu

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bornsteler said:

I tried telling him that but he still wants to upgrade. But i did find some gpu's in stock, so... but thanks!

 

4 minutes ago, Bornsteler said:

What about GPU though? As far as i can tell he dsont' have one spare, and those cpu's don't nessesarily have a igpu

depends on which gpu's are in stock.

 

i still say going to prebuilt route would probably be the best idea, almost entirely because of the global gpu shortage, prebuilts not being as affected by it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

 

depends on which gpu's are in stock.

 

i still say going to prebuilt route would probably be the best idea, almost entirely because of the global gpu shortage, prebuilts not being as affected by it.

Alright thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×