Is the NZXT G12 compatible with the RX 6800 XT?

As stated in the Title  my question Is, " is the NZXT G12 compatible with the RX 6800 XT"?

The only reference I have found is a video from Graphically Challenged that stated he needed new screws and to drill the G12 but gave no other information or examples on how to properly complete this task. Does anyone have any experience with the G12 and RX 6800 XT?

Graphically Challenged G12 and RX 6800 XT reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1AS0Rnrq0

3 minutes ago, TrashBin94 said:

As stated in the Title  my question Is, " is the NZXT G12 compatible with the RX 6800 XT"?

The only reference I have found is a video from Graphically Challenged that stated he needed new screws and to drill the G12 but gave no other information or examples on how to properly complete this task. Does anyone have any experience with the G12 and RX 6800 XT?

Graphically Challenged G12 and RX 6800 XT reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1AS0Rnrq0

A quick search suggests that at least officially it is not supported:

image.thumb.png.70e14f45606fb351a226d2daa9fc6c06.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

4 minutes ago, Analog said:

A quick search suggests that at least officially it is not supported:

image.thumb.png.70e14f45606fb351a226d2daa9fc6c06.png

TY for the speedy reply.
Although you are correct there are still other references and videos demonstrating how people have been adapting the Nvidia 3xxx series to the G12 cooler. I'm still looking for more information and how to guides referring to the RX 6800 XT card.

^True, but the official NZXT G12 page is very outdated. For instance, I know from experience that it did not fit my RX 5700 XT, but it fit my Zotac RTX 2070 Super (which is technically based on the same silicon as the RTX 2080) despite it not being on the list and not being a reference/founders board design. Worth noting that the NZXT G12 includes 2 brackets for cold plate mounting, one marked A for AMD and the other N for Nvidia GPUs. The N brackets did not fit my RTX 2070 Super, but the A brackets did. Go figure...

Anyhow, I just looked at the PCB design of a 6800 XT and overlaid the mounting holes with known compatible PCBs. The 6800 XT's mounting holes are spread so far apart that I highly highly doubt the NZXT G12 will fit it without some modification to the brackets. 

If you can clamp it down it will work, just takes a couple of tries with different mounting brackets. 

If you go that route I suggest buying some extra heatsinks to mount on the card and get the adapter cable which lets the fancontroller on the gpu run regular pwm fans.

1 minute ago, pzspah said:

If you can clamp it down it will work, just takes a couple of tries with different mounting brackets. 

If you go that route I suggest buying some extra heatsinks to mount on the card and get the adapter cable which lets the fancontroller on the gpu run regular pwm fans.

Already bought a CRJ 4-pin connecter for the G12 + Rad Fan so I could control it through the GPU. Ill just put the pump on the MOBO pump header. As much as I researched I couldn't find anything saying I should buy VRM heat spreaders and that the passive airflow "should" be enough.

8 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

^True, but the G12 page is outdated. For instance, I know from experience that it did not fit my RX 5700 XT, but it fit my RTX 2070 Super (which is technically based on the same silicon as the RTX 2080) despite it not being on the list. Worth noting that the NZXT G12 includes 2 brackets for cold plate mounting, one marked A for AMD and the other N for Nvidia GPUs. The N brackets did not fit my RTX 2070 Super, but the A brackets did. Go figure...

Anyhow, I just looked at the PCB design of a 6800 XT and overlaid the mounting holes with known compatible PCBs. The 6800 XT's mounting holes are spread so far apart that I highly highly doubt the NZXT G12 will fit it without some modification to the brackets. 

Sounds a lot like I may just have to DIWHY it and dermal it my self. If this does turn out to be the case ill post my results for your viewing/cringing pleasure.

24 minutes ago, TrashBin94 said:

Already bought a CRJ 4-pin connecter for the G12 + Rad Fan so I could control it through the GPU. Ill just put the pump on the MOBO pump header. As much as I researched I couldn't find anything saying I should buy VRM heat spreaders and that the passive airflow "should" be enough.

It only costs a couple of bucks to get the sizes you need for vrm and ram, plus you can reuse them on a later project. IMHO the peace of mind is worth it.

I ran mine with copper heatsinks for the VRAM ICs and mini aluminum heatsinks for the VRMs. Clearance between the bracket and the heatsink was an issue, so the low profile copper heatsinks fit perfectly. I tacked them on there with thermal pads, but gravity quickly undid all that. Once they started to peel off, I just removed them relying solely on the included 92mm fan. TBH, didn't have any issues before or after either way. It's been running with the fan only for over a year now. 

If you're adamant about using the heatsinks and your GPU is in its standard orientation (e.g. backplate facing up) or vertical mount, then you'll need some thermal adhesive or really strong thermal tape to keep the heatsinks secured. If you have one of those unusual cases with an inverted motherboard tray, then gravity and some thermal pads should be fine. 

If it helps. I mounted a g12 to my power colour 6800xt last night. It's not a straight fit and taking a bit of modding. First of all, the brackets are to small. I cut the "arms" off between each mounting point. Which means I could place them where I needed and gave me clearance for the ram heat sinks. At first it was to low on the gpu chip and gave high spot temps but with a bit of adjusting it's working perfectly now.