Better way to remove files from quoted posts

LogicalDrm

This is more annoyance than anything else.

The way things work currently is that just pressing delete removed individual letters from ALL text in the quoted file "box". This is rather annoying as one would expect it being same to how removing pics works. Or to have handle like quotes, spoilers and code blocks have.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

The way things work currently is that just pressing delete removed individual letters from ALL text in the quoted file "box".

So were you quoting a file?

What did you try to do? - Were you using the delete button on the keyboard to delete it?,or did you use a delete button in the UI?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

6 minutes ago, Vishera said:

So were you quoting a file?

What did you try to do? - Were you using the delete button on the keyboard to delete it?,or did you use a delete button in the UI?

Delete in UI? There's no such which would remove only the part of quoted text. I was removing it as if it was image. But it started to remove file name and then other text parts. Un-intuitive.

E: Tagged people are removed easier and they used to be pain at some point too.

This is with Firefox, so if it works other ways in other browsers, I wouldn't know.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Delete in UI? There's no such which would remove only the part of quoted text. I was removing it as if it was image. But it started to remove file name and then other text parts. Un-intuitive.

E: Tagged people are removed easier and they used to be pain at some point too.

This is with Firefox, so if it works other ways in other browsers, I wouldn't know.

Just checked it with my own Invision Community forum system,seems like a default Windows behavior of handling text,

Happens in my forum and outside of the browser as well - Notepad,Microsoft Office included

It deletes the letters that are in front  of what you want to delete.

The solution is to use Ajax/HTML5 to select it,rather than the OS default behavior.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Do you have an example where you've reproduced this? I've just tested on my local install and it does behave as you expect, with a single backspace removing the entire attachment, so I'd like to see what's different here.

HTTP/2 203

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you have an example where you've reproduced this? I've just tested on my local install and it does behave as you expect, with a single backspace removing the entire attachment, so I'd like to see what's different here.

Oddly it doesn't do it now. In test post they work as one would expect. I come back to this if it happens again, as now it seems like a bug.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/23/2021 at 1:14 PM, LogicalDrm said:

This is more annoyance than anything else.

The way things work currently is that just pressing delete removed individual letters from ALL text in the quoted file "box". This is rather annoying as one would expect it being same to how removing pics works. Or to have handle like quotes, spoilers and code blocks have.

Yeah, it was just an annoyance. I suggested this as it might improve the experience of many people. Though, even if you made the site day mode only, I would still visit it 🙂