Can't delete .iso files on my FreeNAS but can mess with any other kind of file, what gives?

So I recently copied over some .isos, namely Manjaro and Arch over to my NAS just to have them in a pinch if I need them when I'm somewhere. I'm trying to move them to a new folder so they're not just unorganized on my NAS but the files won't move or delete.

The error: You require permission from Unix User\www to make changes to this file

I have no clue why it's doing this.

Computer accessing from is a Windows 10 Desktop

FreeNAS-11.3-U5 running on the NAS

Just a minor inconvenienced that's quite annoying that I want to nip in the butt before I forgot to.

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

Sounds like the user you're logged in as doesn't have permissions to move or delete. Is it only ISO files that are affected?

It would seem that .iso's are the only thing that are affected

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Do you put your ISO files in their own folder or are they with other files?

It's currently just in my user dataset: \\Freenas\nas\frank

I was trying to move them to a folder

19 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Perhaps your new folder doesn't have the correct permissons setup

I have figured out the issue but I don't know how to fix said issue. Whenever I write a file from Nextcloud to my NAS, it adds a Unix User/www permission set, is there any way to fix this?

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

So when you write something from Nextcloud to your NAS, does it create a new user? I don't know too much about Nextcloud as I don't use it but I'll try to help you as much as I can.

No, there's no extra user, it just mounts the drives so there should be no reason why it would change the permissions.

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

Would you be able to take a screenshot of how your permissons are set up for your user?

4ffdbd55014de48248b128417089dd0c.png

if this is what you meant then yeah

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

The permissions for your home directory are set up correctly.

Go to Storage>Pools, find the pool where you store your data, click on the three dots then click edit permissions. 

Make sure it looks a little bit like this: 

image.png.34f0fe02a3da4268796710c93739c3a8.png

And make sure you have Apply Permissions Recursively and Apply User checked as well as every permissions box

you see, there's one little problem with that solution, it's the root pool, and you can't change the permissions on the root pool

4 minutes ago, EMB said:

you see, there's one little problem with that solution, it's the root pool, and you can't change the permissions on the root pool

made a separate dataset and tried putting the manjaro .iso onto it and it didn't work but the Arch .iso worked, this is so weird

10 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Don't change the root pool, change the pool that's setup as an SMB share

That's really weird, I have no idea what would cause that

so it seems like the work around I've found for now is that I have a folder under \\FreeNAS\nas\frank and I can write and manage it with NextCloud, it's really scuffed and NextCloud's speeds are about 1/5 of local for one reason or another but that's my workaround for now. I don't really know what to do from here, I'll look to see if there's anything I oversighted.