I'm switching to an Intel CPU from an AMD CPU, what will I have to do

I'm switching from an AMD Fx 8350 to a Intel 10600KF 

Everything in my PC except the GPU and Storage will be swapped out.

Will I need to reinstall windows or will I be alright keeping my current install?

What will I need to do?

1 minute ago, Chronicl3 said:

I'm switching from an AMD Fx 8350 to a Intel 10600KF 

Everything in my PC except the GPU and Storage will be swapped out.

Will I need to reinstall windows or will I be alright keeping my current install?

What will I need to do?

Reinstalling Windows will be highly recommended when switching platforms. Otherwise you risk conflicting chipset drivers causing random BSODs. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

Reinstalling Windows will be highly recommended when switching platforms. Otherwise you risk conflicting chipset drivers causing random BSODs. 

Thanks for the fast response

Is there anything else you would suggest or is that it?

3 minutes ago, Chronicl3 said:

Thanks for the fast response

Is there anything else you would suggest or is that it?

Software-wise that's it. What would be the entire system specs of this new rig?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

Software-wise that's it. What would be the entire system specs of this new rig. 

Currently it's gonna be a 10600kf with ether a b460 or z490 Motherboard depending on if I can afford it 

PNY 960gb sata ssd

Rx 480 

750w Gold rated Gigabyte psu 

In the future I am planning to upgrade to a 3060ti or 3060

2 minutes ago, Chronicl3 said:

Currently it's gonna be a 10600kf with ether a b460 or z490 Motherboard depending on if I can afford it 

PNY 960gb sata ssd

Rx 480 

750w Gold rated Gigabyte psu 

In the future I am planning to upgrade to a 3060ti or 3060

If you are going with an overclocking-ready 10600KF, a B460 board is not going to be optimal as that chipset doesn't allow overclocking. Only the Z490 and Z590 chipsets have overclocking support for 10th gen K-series processors. 

Just now, Analog said:

If you are going with an overclocking-ready 10600KF, a B460 board is not going to be optimal as that chipset doesn't allow overclocking. Only the Z490 and Z590 chipsets have overclocking support for 10th gen K-series processors. 

yeah I know that, the main reason I'm going for the 10600kf is that it's cheaper than the non-KF but hopefully if I have enough money spare I'll be going z490 since I'll want a small overclock since this chip has a reported 4.8GHz boost clock

15 minutes ago, Analog said:

also would I need to format during the install 

also would I need to format during the install 

Formatting will nuke anything on the drive you are installing Windows onto, or formatting in general will clear anything previously stored on the drive you are targeting (as in using, not shooting). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Formatting will nuke anything on the drive you are installing Windows onto, or formatting in general will clear anything previously stored on the drive you are targeting (as in using, not shooting). 

to be honest I have a lot of junk on my SSD and a format would be alright since I can pull everything important and put it on my HDD to take it to my next windows install 

11 minutes ago, Chronicl3 said:

yeah I know that, the main reason I'm going for the 10600kf is that it's cheaper than the non-KF but hopefully if I have enough money spare I'll be going z490 since I'll want a small overclock since this chip has a reported 4.8GHz boost clock

11400F performs similair to 10600KF and is cheaper.

get a B560, H570, Z490 or Z590 beacause ram runs faster than 2666 with that chipsets. Faster ram, 3200 for example, is highly recommanded. On B460 ram is limited to 2666 with i5.

4 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

11400F performs similair to 10600KF and is cheaper.

get a B560, H570, Z490 or Z590 beacause ram runs faster than 2666 with that chipsets. Faster ram, 3200 for example, is highly recommanded. On B460 ram is limited to 2666 with i5.

yeah for me the 10600kf is cheaper for me than the 11400f 

yeah for me the 10600kf is cheaper for me than the 11400f 

Cheaper includes cpu cooler?

11400F comes with a boxed cooler, 10600KF comes with nothing. You have to buy a cooler yourself.

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

Cheaper includes cpu cooler?

11400F comes with a boxed cooler, 10600KF comes with nothing. You have to buy a cooler yourself.

I'm gonna buy a cpu cooler because I want to do slight bits of overclocking if I can afford a z series board