Asus TUF Monitor Possible Immediate Burnin

MDThompson51686

Hello everyone I just purchased over a month ago ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor (VG27AQL1A). I have it overclocked to 177mhz display ( I now have it at factory reset settings), I have display port connected to a 970GTX and along with a smaller Asus monitor connected via Displayport

Well today I booted into Ubuntu Linux and I got a weird contrast view of everything that was displayed on the screen and not the smaller Asus. I freaked out and rebooted back into Ubuntu and noticed during the Ubuntu boot process it still had the image of the Ubuntu Desktop in the background, I then freaked again. I then booted into Windows 10 and noticed what seems to be burn in into the background. I also noticed some flickering on the Monitor and not the smaller monitor. I am able to watch some youtube videos etc without hardly noticing it but its still noticeable. I have never kept a static screen or image on the monitor for more than 30 minutes.

How could an image or desktop get immediately burned in within minutes? Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks ahead!!

It would be weird to get burnin on modern monitors? Drop the overclock and see how it behaves. Perhaps it doesn't like it?

Ok now I just switched between Displayport to HDMI and now It's completely gone. I am gonna switch back to Displayport and check and see if it corrected itself? Thank you for the responses