which SSD should i choose?

therobo6789
Go to solution Solved by Analog,
3 minutes ago, therobo6789 said:

So im wondering to buy an SSD to have my games on, should i go for a 1TB or a 2TB SDD? 

I appreciate all the help i can get 😄

Depends on how many games you want to have on it. I have a decent Steam library and like having at least 10-15 games installed at once. This is why I got myself a WD Black 6TB disk to go alongside the 1TB SSD I have for my "favorite" games. 

If you only have 4-5 games installed at a time, then 1TB will be enough. If you like having more, then a 2TB SSD might be more suitable. 

So im wondering to buy an SSD to have my games on, should i go for a 1TB or a 2TB SDD? 

I appreciate all the help i can get :D

what does your game library look like?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, therobo6789 said:

Depends on how many games you want to have on it. I have a decent Steam library and like having at least 10-15 games installed at once. This is why I got myself a WD Black 6TB disk to go alongside the 1TB SSD I have for my "favorite" games. 

If you only have 4-5 games installed at a time, then 1TB will be enough. If you like having more, then a 2TB SSD might be more suitable. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Depends on if you care about your budget and the convenience.

2TB drives are quite more expensive than buying 2 separate 1TB drives, it's because of ask and demand. I would say you are fine with 1TB, but it depends on what games you play. We all know the infamous COD:Warzone for example, so it depends a lot.

8 minutes ago, therobo6789 said:

Mate, i just bought a 1tb wd black sn750 pci-e gen 3.0 for my steam drive. It reads and writes at just over 3 gb per second ( 3400mbps read, 3000 mbps write). It comes with a 5 year warranty. It only cost me £115 here in the uk. Thats about $159. It seems to be a good drive for the money.