Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

which SSD should i choose?

Go to solution Solved by Analog,
3 minutes ago, therobo6789 said:

So im wondering to buy an SSD to have my games on, should i go for a 1TB or a 2TB SDD?聽

I appreciate all the help i can get 馃槃

Depends on how many games you want to have on it. I have a decent Steam library and like having at least 10-15 games installed at once. This is why I got myself a WD Black 6TB disk to go alongside the 1TB SSD I have for my "favorite" games.聽

If you only have 4-5 games installed at a time, then 1TB will be enough. If you like having more, then a 2TB SSD might be more suitable.聽

So im wondering to buy an SSD to have my games on, should i go for a 1TB or a 2TB SDD?聽

I appreciate all the help i can get :D

what does your game library look like?

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney聽|聽Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products聽I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD,聽Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I聽hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past聽the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies聽I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built聽like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had聽good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's聽relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

3 minutes ago, therobo6789 said:

Depends on how many games you want to have on it. I have a decent Steam library and like having at least 10-15 games installed at once. This is why I got myself a WD Black 6TB disk to go alongside the 1TB SSD I have for my "favorite" games.聽

If you only have 4-5 games installed at a time, then 1TB will be enough. If you like having more, then a 2TB SSD might be more suitable.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO:ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme聽| RAM:4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks聽| GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs:Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD聽| HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive聽| PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition |聽Build Log:here

Depends on if you care about your budget and the convenience.

2TB drives are quite more expensive than buying 2 separate 1TB drives, it's because of ask and demand. I would say you are fine with 1TB, but it depends on what games you play. We all know the infamous COD:Warzone for example, so it depends a lot.

8 minutes ago, therobo6789 said:

Mate, i just bought a 1tb wd black sn750 pci-e gen 3.0 for my steam drive. It reads and writes at just over 3 gb per second ( 3400mbps read, 3000 mbps write). It comes with a 5 year warranty. It only cost me 拢115 here in the uk. Thats about $159. It seems to be a good drive for the money.