Can I connect 3 fans to my old motherboard ?

Go to solution Solved by FRD,
1 minute ago, Latvian Video said:

The fans and the hub he linked are PWM

Looked it over a bit quickly, that's right.

The Arctic fans are actually really good budget fans. The 5 pack normally is about $25 and they really do what you expect from fans.
Some notes though, they're best used in push configuration, not pull. Also on max speed they can be louder than other fans, but they're budget ones anyway. Finally the cables are good length, but not superlong like on the more expensive fans. It should be fine with a hub though, you just need to place it in a good spot.

Hello,

I'm thinking about getting 3 more fans for my computer so I have to buy a fan hub. The problem is that my motherboard is so old and bad in general. So my friend told me that there is a chance my motherboard won't be able to power them all and that it can burn because its too old. So my question is : Is there something that can happen to my motherboard if I connect 3 fans with hub to it.

Have a nice day!

14 minutes ago, Ra6k0 said:

Hello,

I'm thinking about getting 3 more fans for my computer so I have to buy a fan hub. The problem is that my motherboard is so old and bad in general. So my friend told me that there is a chance my motherboard won't be able to power them all and that it can burn because its too old. So my question is : Is there something that can happen to my motherboard if I connect 3 fans with hub to it.

Have a nice day!

Usually decent hubs come with a way to power them with a molex or sata, so you cant damage the motherboard

8 minutes ago, Ra6k0 said:

That fan hub should be just fine. It also matches with the Arctic fans. Pretty much most controllers are built up like that. Powered by SATA or Molex to power all the fans through the hub, it should work fine.
Only if you want PWM adjustable fans, then you need more expensive fans and a hub with PWM header connection, but it's not what you need I think.

9 minutes ago, Ra6k0 said:

The hub is decent, I am not the best person to ask about the fans, but they seem pretty good

Just now, FRD said:

That fan hub should be just fine. It also matches with the Arctic fans. Pretty much most controllers are built up like that. Powered by SATA or Molex to power all the fans through the hub, it should work fine.
Only if you want PWM adjustable fans, then you need more expensive fans and a hub with PWM header connection, but it's not what you need I think.

1 minute ago, Latvian Video said:

Looked it over a bit quickly, that's right.

The Arctic fans are actually really good budget fans. The 5 pack normally is about $25 and they really do what you expect from fans.
Some notes though, they're best used in push configuration, not pull. Also on max speed they can be louder than other fans, but they're budget ones anyway. Finally the cables are good length, but not superlong like on the more expensive fans. It should be fine with a hub though, you just need to place it in a good spot.

1 hour ago, Latvian Video said:

Usually decent hubs come with a way to power them with a molex or sata, so you cant damage the motherboard

Okay. Im glad to hear that. Thank you!