Installing Windows 10 from BIOS! (My idea for motherboards)

Hi. I have a new idea for next generation of motherboards. Now, imagine you build a PC and you don't have any drive for installing Windows 10 to your PC. Or you just lazy to take a flash drive or something else...聽So, i have a idea about to solve this problem.

The solution is; Your motherboard BIOS got a new feature called "Download and Install Windows 10 from Microsoft server" feature. Just you are entering your BIOS menu, and clicking "Download and Install Windows 10" menu. Then options are showing up like you wanna install 32-Bit or 64-Bit. Then you make your selection and then pressing "OK". And waiting about your Windows 10 Downloading... And when Downloading, your PC starts to install Windows 10 automatically (You get a manual Windows 10 setup page after the last step. I mean you have to choose your HDD and installing. You already know that).

ASUS, MSI and other companies i hope they will listen my idea... Also, i wonder what LinusTechTips thinking about this idea? 馃檪

Gamers can become Musician too... There is no problem with it. For example Post malone, he is Pop Singer/Musician but, now he is Gamer too. I'm Gamer/Musician. I don't think is that makes problem but, someone hate that actually... Lol.

Motherboard manufacturers would have to include some on board storage of at least 8GB. If this storage malfunctions you dont have this feature anymore.

Another problem might be that it can be used to install malicious OSs or software on your PC, with Man in the Middle Attacks for example.

Altough i have to say, it would be pretty convenient if you dont have a bootstick with the most recent Windows Image on hand. And you also wont need another PC to make a bootstick.

This really just sounds like a solution to a problem that nobody really has.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

This really just sounds like a solution to a problem that nobody really has.

Though you have to admit, for people who built their first PC and probably wont build more or dont show much interest in PC hardware, it would make installing Windows a lot easier. Of course its not a problem for everyone.

3 minutes ago, thewill102 said:

Though you have to admit, for people who built their first PC and probably wont build more or dont show much interest in PC hardware, it would make installing Windows a lot easier. Of course its not a problem for everyone.

But i believe there is still tons of newbie pc users who need that. ^^

Gamers can become Musician too... There is no problem with it. For example Post malone, he is Pop Singer/Musician but, now he is Gamer too. I'm Gamer/Musician. I don't think is that makes problem but, someone hate that actually... Lol.

Operating system installation is the SI/OEM's job, not the motherboard manufacturer.

You also have to remember that the DIY market is pretty small comparatively. We don't matter in the end.

And even if they did somehow decide to do this, there's 100% chance it would not be something you'd want. It would absolutely increase the cost due to licensing and contracts with Microsoft, and it would absolutely include bloatware.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post.聽

My System: i7-13700KF聽// Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix聽// MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi聽// 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32聽//聽Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE聽//聽Corsair 5000D Airflow聽// Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7聽//聽Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive聽//聽Displays: LG Ultragear聽32GP83B x2//聽Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x