Triple Monitor Setup not working

R055c

Hi All,

Wonder if somebody can help.

My Work laptop specs are as below (i know it's old)

==Work Laptop==

System Model:    LIFEBOOK E736

Installed Physical Memory (RAM):    16.0 GB

Processor:    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Windows Version:    10.0.18363 Build 18363

GPU Name:    Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

It's currently docked into a Fujitsu Port Replicator and connected to 2 LG UltraWide 25UM58 monitors via

Monitor 1: HDMI to DVI cable

Monitor 2: HDMI to Display Port

The problem I have, is that when I try and connect a third monitor (well a TV), one of the monitors goes black and won't come back on, until the new connection is removed

I've searched Google, and found multiple resources on this, but nothing that seems fix the problem; nor can i work out where the problem sits as if i connect my own personal laptop to the 2nd  HDMI port to one of the monitors...again one of the monitors goes black.

==Own Laptop==

System Model:   VivoBook Asus Laptop X515JA
Installed Physical Memory (RAM):    16.0 GB
Processor:     Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz, 1190 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Windows Version:    10.0.19041 Build 19041
GPU Name:     Intel UHD Graphics

Hoping i've just missed something obvious and that somebody can point it out to me.

I've tried to supply all the laptop specs that i think would be relevant but please ask if more information would be helpful

I could work out which section to post this in so if this is wrong then please move it for me

Also, couldn't work out how to get rid of the 'quote' box below, so please ignore

You got two 2560x1080 displays connected alongside your laptop screen. That would mean 3 displays in total, AFAIR, no intel iGPU supports more than 3 displays at once.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Did you have this working in the past and is that why you're assuming something is broken? 

I'm 100% certain that two external displays is the maximum that laptop will be able to handle. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong, seems like its by design. 

However, you should be testing all this without that port replicator thing.. who knows how that's screwing with everything. 

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

You got two 2560x1080 displays connected alongside your laptop screen. That would mean 3 displays in total, AFAIR, no intel iGPU supports more than 3 displays at once.

Didn't think about the laptop screen as well as it sits under my desk with the lid shut😞

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Did you have this working in the past and is that why you're assuming something is broken? 

I'm 100% certain that two external displays is the maximum that laptop will be able to handle. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong, seems like its by design. 

However, you should be testing all this without that port replicator thing.. who knows how that's screwing with everything. 

Nope, it's never worked and i was curious/hoping it would work

I was unable to test it without a port replicator as the laptop itself doesn't even have any HDMI or Display ports on it 😞

18 minutes ago, Levent said:

Couldn't OP just disable the laptop screen thus it would only be 2 monitors and then plug in the TV? That is what I have to do when I VR. I have 4 monitors normally any my GPU only supports 4 maximum so I need to disable one of them and then turn on my VR headset as it counts as a monitor.

I just disable it via the monitor settings I don't need to physically unplug anything.

4 hours ago, Catsrules said:

Couldn't OP just disable the laptop screen thus it would only be 2 monitors and then plug in the TV? That is what I have to do when I VR. I have 4 monitors normally any my GPU only supports 4 maximum so I need to disable one of them and then turn on my VR headset as it counts as a monitor.

I just disable it via the monitor settings I don't need to physically unplug anything.

Pretty sure it still wouldnt work as eDP device still would be connected. I dont even think physically unplugging eDP cable would work.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

14 hours ago, Levent said:

Pretty sure it still wouldnt work as eDP device still would be connected. I dont even think physically unplugging eDP cable would work.

Your right.  even with the laptop monitor disabled, i still couldn't get a tripple monitor setup working.

Thanks for all the replies, however it still doesn't answer why one of my monitors goes black if I plug my other laptop into the other HDMI port on the monitor