ryzen 2700x with a gpu and 10gb/s networkcard, enough PCIE lanes?

Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,

Your chipset provides some PCIe lanes, that go directly to the CPU, depending on the chipset you are using, such as B450/X370 etc. The chipset itself should have 4 PCIe lanes dedicated from the chipset to the CPU. Your network card will most likely run through the chipset to the CPU, instead of being direct like your graphics card and NVME SSD. 

NOTE: The chipset will provide more PCIe lanes but there is a performance penalty for having to use the chipset's PCIe lanes that go to the CPU. Chipset will also carry SATA, I/O input etc. 

Hi guys, I'm currently running a ryzen 7 2700x with a gtx 1060 and an nvme ssd on a asrock B450 Pro.

I want to upgrade my system with a 10gb/s networkcard (https://www.asus.com/networking-iot-servers/wired-networking/all-series/xg-c100c/), but i appear to have run out of PCIE lanes (the 2700x has 16+4 PCIE lanes).

Is there a easy way for me to use my gpu and networkcard at the same time and do i have to look for something specific when i install the cards?

thanks in advance

Your chipset provides some PCIe lanes, that go directly to the CPU, depending on the chipset you are using, such as B450/X370 etc. The chipset itself should have 4 PCIe lanes dedicated from the chipset to the CPU. Your network card will most likely run through the chipset to the CPU, instead of being direct like your graphics card and NVME SSD. 

NOTE: The chipset will provide more PCIe lanes but there is a performance penalty for having to use the chipset's PCIe lanes that go to the CPU. Chipset will also carry SATA, I/O input etc. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

As the chipset is the element that's likley connecting the NIC to the rest of the system (and potentially also the NVMe drive if it's not directly connected to the CPU) you'll be sharing bandwidth via the chipset.  You should still get great speeds from the NIC (for sure better than gigabit) but if you wan to tweak, turn off everything you're not using from the chipset in the BIOS.  For example. the shipset sometimes reserves some bandwidth to enable SATA. if you're not using it.. turn it off...