Strange unidentified noise while playing games.

Qubexe
Go to solution Solved by rafe_28,

Ok and how loud is it when your sitting comfortably in ur chair a bit away from the pc? I assume its coil whine. I get coil whine when having smooth scrolling in my browser and in games like Rocket League. Coil whine can be weird sometimes.

Today I downloaded Call of Duty: Warzone update. When I started the game, the computer started making strange noises. I don't know exactly what component can produce them. I assume it is either a graphics card or a chipset fan because the sound is coming from somewhere over there. Nothing like this happens when I play cyberpunk at max settings and before the Call of Duty update. Do you know what  can cause this or what component can be defective?

System information
GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G 
Game Ready Driver - 465.89      Bios - 94.2.42.40.40
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

Cooling: Nzxt kraken z73

MBD: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Bios - 3001 x64
RAM: 2x8GB 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance RGB Pro

PSU: Be Quiet dark power 12 1000w 80 plus titanium

noise.mp3

Check for any cables hanging in a fan. Can u specifiy how audible it is when sitting in ur chair a bit away from the PC? sounds like u held ur mic right up against the noise source while recording making it hard to know its actual amplitude

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

2 minutes ago, rafe_28 said:

Check for any cables hanging in a fan

I checked, there are no cables that would obstruct the fans.

Ok and how loud is it when your sitting comfortably in ur chair a bit away from the pc? I assume its coil whine. I get coil whine when having smooth scrolling in my browser and in games like Rocket League. Coil whine can be weird sometimes.

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

Just now, rafe_28 said:

I assume its coil whine.

It is, and i think it matches with how OP describes what he's doing when the noise happen.

To OP, nothing much you can do besides covering your electrics with something like silicone paste, which i wont personally recommend.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I've just read about it and I'm now sure that noise is caused by the coil whine. Thanks for your help, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have found out what could be causing this noise.