PC underperforming compare to benchmarks on youtube

Wuji

I tried so many boost your performance videos but nothing work i tried to play warzone but latency was like 3000ms on both cpu and gpu and i dont know what to do only three games that run fine are r6 minecraft and csgo but if i wanted to play let say resident evil 7 i would get normal framrate for first 10 sec and the it would jump from 5fps to 60fps and it would do that in every single game i try if anyone could help i would appreciate it thanks.

2 minutes ago, Wuji said:

I tried so many boost your performance videos but nothing work i tried to play warzone but latency was like 3000ms on both cpu and gpu and i dont know what to do only three games that run fine are r6 minecraft and csgo but if i wanted to play let say resident evil 7 i would get normal framrate for first 10 sec and the it would jump from 5fps to 60fps and it would do that in every single game i try if anyone could help i would appreciate it thanks.

A complete list of your pc specs is required to troubleshoot here.

Also, do you play online games with high latency? Latency is usually your ISP/network.

Latency depends on your internet connection, not your components. As always if you want any kind of help, list your computer components. All of them.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Ryzen 5 3400g 

ADATA 8gb one stick 

Gigabyte A320M-H

AMD Radeon RX580 4GB 

2XThosiba 500gb hard drives 

bequiet 450w 80+ bronze 

4 minutes ago, Wuji said:

The stuff on YouTube is mostly garbage. See, people there make money from views, and stuff like this gets a lot views, even though it's mostly crap.

We need to know the specs of your computer, what kind of monitor(s) you have (with details) and what resolution and quality settings you're using. Nothing can be said about whether or not you're underperforming without all that info.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

The stuff on YouTube is mostly garbage. See, people there make money from views, and stuff like this gets a lot views, even though it's mostly crap.

We need to know the specs of your computer, what kind of monitor(s) you have (with details) and what resolution and quality settings you're using. Nothing can be said about whether or not you're underperforming without all that info.

i have an old LG FLATRON W2246 and off brand tv above it and i play only in 1080p resolution on mid to high settings 

for example in warzone on everything low i get same problem my gpu is jumping from 0 to 100 constantly and latency is big

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Latency depends on your internet connection, not your components. As always if you want any kind of help, list your computer components. All of them.

here i think my internet is not that bad

image_2021-04-22_133505.png

Just now, Wuji said:

here i think my internet is not that bad

Your internet speed and connection quality to a nearby server does not matter. Speedtest is not a metric that you can use for testing latency between you and your game servers.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Your internet speed and connection quality to a nearby server does not matter. Speedtest is not a metric that you can use for testing latency between you and your game servers.

How do i know that its not problem with my internet 

8 minutes ago, Avanta8 said:

Can you run this benchmark and post a link to your results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Don't bother. That's absolutely useless.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Avanta8 said:

You only have one stick of RAM, so it's only running single channel. That's probably the reason why.

ok soo should i buy more ram?

2 minutes ago, Avanta8 said:

You only have one stick of RAM, so it's only running single channel. That's probably the reason why.

OP has only harddrives and those are more of a culprit than having single channel ram.

3 minutes ago, Wuji said:

How do i know that its not problem with my internet 

There's nothing wrong with the Speed test results. However, between your ISP and the game server, there's multiple hops, all with additional added latency. Speed test isn't going to tell you about any of that.

So what do i do should i upgrade something like ssd or more ram in dual channel 

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

Speed test isn't going to tell you about any of that.

Thats true, but its nothing he can do about it as long as his internet connection is solid (as shown by the speed test). It will be the same for anyone on the same game server.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

And what should i do than 🙂

Is it better to upgrade to ssd or more ram in dual channel 

Is it better to upgrade to ssd or more ram in dual channel 

A SSD will give the most noticeable differnce. Maybe not that much in FPS, but in general responsiveness and load times of the system. Dual channel ram wil give a smaller  performance boost.

I think the main reason for the drop in FPS is Vram. Resident evil 7 to my knowledge uses a lot of it, so a GPU with 6GB or more would be more ideal for that. But a SSD will help a little with loading more textures when it runs out of what is loaded

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

3 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

A SSD will give the most noticeable differnce. Maybe not that much in FPS, but in general responsiveness and load times of the system. Dual channel ram wil give a smaller  performance boost.

I think the main reason for the drop in FPS is Vram. Resident evil 7 to my knowledge uses a lot of it, so a GPU with 6GB or more would be more ideal for that. But a SSD will help a little with loading more textures when it runs out of what is loaded

ok i will try upgrading both is 2x8gb gskill aegis 3200mhz good 

and maybe some recommendation for m.2 ssd?

ok i will try upgrading both is 2x8gb gskill aegis 3200mhz good 

and maybe some recommendation for m.2 ssd?

Memory looks good to me.

For M.2 I would go for a WD Blue SN550. Its a DRAM-less SSD, but it got good review and good performance and is really cheap.

Have you checked your temperatures?

Sounds like it could be different things.

1. VRAM used up -> Goes to pagefile. Your pagefile is on your harddrive so the rest of the files for big games like Resident Evil would be like on a VERY slow ram -> LAG/Frame dips, especially when you run around and look around.

2. GPU temps/ CPU temps, if your components are getting too hot and are downclocking to try and survive the melting lava! Check it while playing Resident Evil and find the culprint like that! 

You can use msi afterburner to monitor your components temps, usage, clocks etc.while checking fps as an overlay in-game. 
Ytube can definitely show you how to set THAT up.

Not much left of your 8GB vram if you run RE7 + background apps + windows default ram swallowing 😛 
25084410616l.jpg (750×1200) (overclock3d.net)

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

1 hour ago, Levent said:

OP has only harddrives and those are more of a culprit than having single channel ram.

An HDD will run games just fine, loading times are higher though.