Suggestion for $250 gaming(?) phone (Indonesian market only)

KeikoATR72

Guys, need to find a good phone to replace my Redmi Note 7 (4GB RAM+64GB Storage).
Im going to replace it because my dad needs a better phone (since his is kinda sluggish now), and im giving away my phone for him.

Im mostly gacha games, but some of them are kinda demanding like Genshin Impact and Uma Musume (Uma Musume is kinda sluggish with their 3D models in my Note 7, Genshin... dont ask XD )
Also using this phone for daily driver so i really need at least 128GB internal storage, especially since im taking a lot of photos + game screenshots. Would love to have 2 SIM card slots since i have 2 SIM cards for my IRL stuffs.

Anyway, i was in Indonesia so i was looking for the ones that i can get in Indonesian Market only since i need it as soon as im giving away my phone to my dad.
Also, my budget is 250USD (or about 3.6-3,7 million IDR) once i sold my dad's phone (and some unused, given away phones that i have)

Thanks to everyone in advance for taking their time to look at this post. I was looking for everyone's opinion so i can get a great phone for long term. ^^

Just now, DriftMan said:

That's a tough question to answer. Genshin Impact is a VERY demanding game.

I suggest you checking this Youtuber, whose reviews are really good, he reviews gaming performance and talks about getting it from Chinese websites, etc

https://www.youtube.com/c/Techtablets/videos

Im just gonna play it on 30FPS (its fine by me, as long as its not lagging under that. Because my Note 7 barely hit 30 fps on all low but render resolution at 1.1)

Also im looking at stuffs, and i saw a Pocophone X3 Pro, and looks like it can handle Genshin. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Pricing and availability of goods is specific to your country. So unless you can provide us a link to the local seller to have a look at what's available, do not expect answers with any degree of precision.

Also I do not recall US dollar being the currency used in Indonesia.

Usually im looking at Tokopedia or Shopee official shops. As for the currency, i just converted it just to let everyone know the budget since the nominal on my currency is pretty high.

You guys can check Tokopedia since its easier to navigate than Shopee (since it has multiple version based on their countries).

I do check some phones in both Tokopedia and Shopee Indonesia, and so far the Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro looks promising... (3.5 million IDR for 6GB RAM + 128GB internal).

Take a look into the Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite.

Snapdragon 750G should be very good for that price.

9 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Take a look into the Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite.

Snapdragon 750G should be very good for that price.

Just checked...
Apparently the Lite version is not coming to Indonesia (a news article from the national news confirmed it)
Also the Lite verison might blown my entire budget if i insisted to import one (which is a terrible idea, given the import tax here)

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Just had a look at the sites, yes the X3 NFC is clearly the best you can get in your budget

Go for it

I was considering the NFC one, but the X3 Pro just released yesterday. 

It has Snapdragon 860 (instead of 732G). Thoughts?

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I think you should stick to actual availability and your budget

I was at the shopping mall atm and found out that Xiaomi does have them in stock now (only in Xiaomi Authorized Dealer, we have 2 of those in my city)...

I think i can go ahead with Poco X3 Pro then (maybe 6GB RAM variant, lets hope i can push it to 8GB)