Find results that contain...
Find results in...

9.89 GB Out of 12 GB RAM Available. Help

Go to solution Solved by SorryClaire,
1 minute ago, Bornsteler said:

image.png.27743fd88606868cc86ff6020ec60990.png
What it looks like in windows setitngs

image.png

Windows reserve some memory as a mean to keep important file that windows need to run in RAM. This is normal.

2GB are probably allocated to the Vega iGPU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, the gamer that is bad said:

Well I can tell you that is to do with windows my Mc server 3rd gen i5 and I have 8.9 gb out of 12 gb so not amd just windows

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Bornsteler said:

image.png

Windows reserve some memory as a mean to keep important file that windows need to run in RAM. This is normal.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

I don't work at Dell, i just love semi formal English.

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Alr thanks!

See that 2.1gb hardware reserved? You get that when you are using the igpu, that memory is allocated to the igpu to be used as vram.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

nope this is about IGP

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

Camera Gear: Canon SL2, 60D, T5, 24-105 F, 50mm F1.4, 75-300 III, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

nope this is about IGP

Also that. Forgot to add it in my original post.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Incorrect. This is hardware reserved, not software reserved. Windows important memory is kept in normal not reserved memory.

Just now, the gamer that is bad said:

Well if it is windows and not an i gpu this vid may help 

This video doesn't have windows reserving memory. Bassically it's just running win10 debloater.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Incorrect. This is hardware reserved, not software reserved. Windows important memory is kept in normal not reserved memory.

I genuinely gotta stop generalising things here.

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

I genuinely gotta stop generalising things here.

In general don't be too general.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Bornsteler said:

image.png

In BIOS, change 'Dedicated VRAM' to a lower value, your fps will not change, as windows will assign memory as 'shared' if dedicated isnt enough.

some games may have issues will lower dedicated amount (some games will only launch with a minimum amount of dedicated vram)