PS5 is Really Lagging Behind Xbox Series X Right Now!

1 minute ago, kaiju_wars said:

dude it hurts.  I loved LocoRoco on the PSP, the Hot Shots Golf series.  I'm not even a big sports fan but a fun wacky sports game like Hot Shots or the Mario sports series are always fun to play.  Gravity Rush obviously on the Vita, and GR2 on the PS4 (which, imo, is the best game Sony released on the PS4).  It just sucks and honestly, I do hope Jim Ryan is looked at the same way Don Mattrick is, he deserves it at this point.

From focusing only on "the biggest of budgets, the triplest of A's, the most third personiest of over the shoulders, the most westernest of western studio releases, the most who would play this-iest of older games."  Still just baffles me he said that about the old Gran Turismo games

Jim Ryan isn't at that Don Mattrick level yet, but WTF is he doing completely ceding the Japanese market to the Switch? Weird Japanese games have been so much of Playstation's appeal for 20+ years now. Meanwhile Phil Spencer got Nier to XBox, got Yakuza to XBox, got Nioh to XBox, and I won't be surprised if he's able to get Persona there in the next year or two also. I'm actually kind of surprised Microsoft doesn't buy Sega so they can rebrand their systems under Sega's name in Japan and have them finally start selling there.

12 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Jim Ryan isn't at that Don Mattrick level yet, but WTF is he doing completely ceding the Japanese market to the Switch? Weird Japanese games have been so much of Playstation's appeal for 20+ years now. Meanwhile Phil Spencer got Nier to XBox, got Yakuza to XBox, got Nioh to XBox, and I won't be surprised if he's able to get Persona there in the next year or two also. I'm actually kind of surprised Microsoft doesn't buy Sega so they can rebrand their systems under Sega's name in Japan and have them finally start selling there.

Honestly, I hope Microsoft does. One for the novelty of there being a new "Sega" console in 2021, and two to just twist the screws on sony even more.

Phil Spencer clearly also likes gaming, it was the same way with Satoru Iwata.  Granted Iwata had some stuff that straight didn't make sense, but it led ultimately to the Switch (and without getting into all about that), it's my favorite console of all time.  Sony clearly needs a leader like that again.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Honestly, I hope Microsoft does. One for the novelty of there being a new "Sega" console in 2021, and two to just twist the screws on sony even more.

Phil Spencer clearly also likes gaming, it was the same way with Satoru Iwata.  Granted Iwata had some stuff that straight didn't make sense, but it led ultimately to the Switch (and without getting into all about that), it's my favorite console of all time.  Sony clearly needs a leader like that again.

I hope not for a couple of years at least, not ready to buy a Series X yet and I'd be pissed if I needed one for Judgment 2.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:40 AM, Man said:

As a long time PC gamer, I see absolutely no point in buying a PS5. 

1. Poor controller with drift issue and short lifespan (probably planned obsolesce).
  2. No PS4 controller support.
  3. Uninteresting exclusives (apart from TLOU, which is almost too scripted TBH).
  4. Poor build quality (almost entirely made of cheap, crappy plastic).
  5. Weaker hardware.
  6. Form over functionality design with very poor cooling. 
  7. Microsoft's Bethesda/Obsidian acquisition (huge blow to Sony). 
  8. Only a handful of 120FPS titles whereas Xbox team itself is enhancing old games to 60 and even 120FPS (check Digital Foundry's most recent video).
  9. No PS3 emulation (RIP MGS4).
  10. No storage upgradability (susceptible to change).
  11. Impossible to run purchased games on the PC.
  12. No option to back-up the games locally (PS Plus exclusive feature).

Personally, I consider Sony to be as 'evil' as Apple so yeah, I "may" be a little biased but the cons I've listed aren't exactly made-up!

1. My controller is great, everyone else i know is loving it too, just like Xbox and Switch there are a few isolated drift issues.

2. I honestly couldn't care less about PS4 controller support, i traded mine in when i purchased the PS5.

3. Purely subjective, i love all of the Sony exclusives. 

4. It's fucking plastic, man.  So is the Xbox and just about everything else on the market these days lol

5. Slightly weaker on paper but if you have watched any of the Digital Foundry videos on cross platform titles, the Playstation wins in some cases, tied in others and Xbox wins some too, it's all much of a muchness. 

6. Mine is perfect, just because you say something is poor, it doesn't mean it is.

7. MS playing catch up and trying to secure some exclusives because that's what won Sony the last console generation is a good thing, competition is great for us (gamers).

8. I know old games is a big part of Xbox's jam and that's cool, i personally don't care. 

9. See above.

10. It has a bay for expandable storage and it'll be open for us when enough of the high speed SSD's are on the market and approved. 

11. My gaming PC is for PC games and MS stuff (literally no reason for me to have an Xbox).

12. Yeah, i can't speak to that, i live off grid so i connect to the net to download stuff and then my console won't see net access again for months at a time. 

You think you "may" be a little biased, you sound like a stark raving mad Xbox fanboi 😂

On 4/25/2021 at 9:03 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Jim Ryan isn't at that Don Mattrick level yet

It's only a matter of time before he is....