Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know of some good AA rechargeable battery substitutes

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
2 minutes ago, Grungble said:

Never mind I found some, here’s the link for people curious: https://www.amazon.com/2x-Pack-Adapters-Replacement-Lithium-Ion/dp/B00FN8NMJU

eneloops are also highly regarded (I have many, fantastic batteries)

So I have a camera and I want to see if there would be a chance that I could get pretty much 2 AAs combined with a positive and negative contact at the top, I don’t know if such a thing exists but anyone know of any? Btw here is my cameras battery bay. (And yes I am looking into those cr-v3 things but I wanted to ask just in case I could not find them.

image.jpg

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

eneloops are also highly regarded (I have many, fantastic batteries)

yes they get good reviews but many different brands of rechargeable batteries all come from the same factories in china and only get differnt labels

the rechargeable bateries that are sold in ikea are the same quality as other more expensive brands

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

21 hours ago, Grungble said:

Never mind I found some, here’s the link for people curious: https://www.amazon.com/2x-Pack-Adapters-Replacement-Lithium-Ion/dp/B00FN8NMJU

I'd go with something better

14 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

yes they get good reviews but many different brands of rechargeable batteries all come from the same factories in china and only get differnt labels

the rechargeable bateries that are sold in ikea are the same quality as other more expensive brands

eneloops do not, they are pansonic which means japan or korea. and they say it on the side

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

Camera Gear: Canon SL2, 60D, T5, 24-105 F, 50mm F1.4, 75-300 III, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

9 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

I'd go with something better

eneloops do not, they are pansonic which means japan or korea. and they say it on the side

They may be Panasonic branded, but they come from a Fujitsu factory. It’s interesting to see just how many brands come out of the one plant in Japan and its sister in Korea. 

31 minutes ago, Distinctly Average said:

They may be Panasonic branded, but they come from a Fujitsu factory. It’s interesting to see just how many brands come out of the one plant in Japan and its sister in Korea. 

even the ikea ones that are marked made in japan come from those factories  I made a mistake saying chinese factories earlier but there are also chinese factories that produce rechargeable batteries

and the ikea ones are cheaper while tests have shown they work just as well as eneloops

but i haven't needed to use rechargeable aa or aaa batteries in a long time.  we use v mount, gold mount, sony bpu, npf, canon ep, batteries with hirose, lemo, d-tap.  the only time we need standard batteries are for backup use in a spare battery caddy/sled and i use the lithium ultimate series

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

5 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

even the ikea ones that are marked made in japan come from those factories  I made a mistake saying chinese factories earlier but there are also chinese factories that produce rechargeable batteries

and the ikea ones are cheaper while tests have shown they work just as well as eneloops

but i haven't needed to use rechargeable aa or aaa batteries in a long time.

I’m not saying the ikea ones are bad just the ones they got are. 

You deal with 0 in lav packs or mics? That’s what I use them in. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

Camera Gear: Canon SL2, 60D, T5, 24-105 F, 50mm F1.4, 75-300 III, rokinon 25 T1.5, Helios44-m, Sony FS700R, 2 Cos-11D lavs

why has this turned into an argument about where batteries are made? I was just asking if anyone knew of some good rechargeable batteries.

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

6 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

but i haven't needed to use rechargeable aa or aaa batteries in a long time.  we use v mount, gold mount, sony bpu, npf, canon ep, batteries with hirose, lemo, d-tap.  the only time we need standard batteries are for backup use in a spare battery caddy/sled and i use the lithium ultimate series

I still use them in my macro twin flash, in my case the IKEA ones. All my other flashes don’t use AA batteries.

Eneloops, Amazon Basics Black, and Energizer are the 'go-to' because they are the premium brands. If you're looking at powering your Pentax, any reputable battery will serve you fine. Up to you if you want to pay for the premium stuff.

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti  |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU XFX Pro 750W Black Edition 80 Plus Gold  |  Displays Dell UP2716D, QNIX QX2710LED  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home

7 minutes ago, Universes said:

Eneloops, Amazon Basics Black, and Energizer are the 'go-to' because they are the premium brands. If you're looking at powering your Pentax, any reputable battery will serve you fine. Up to you if you want to pay for the premium stuff.

ok, I have some enloops but need to find the other 2 I had four

On 4/23/2021 at 8:49 AM, Grungble said:

why has this turned into an argument about where batteries are made? I was just asking if anyone knew of some good rechargeable batteries.

its mostly about which are good