My Pentax ist-DL hates Energizer batteries

I attempted to energizer batteries that I checked to be working, and I made sure I put them in the camera the right way, they just don't work and yes I've used other batteries in the camera and they work fine, anyone have this problem or know how to solve it?

Edit: it's 4 AA batteries

Edited by Grungble

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

What kind of batteries...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Grungble said:

I attempted to energizer batteries that I checked to be working, and I made sure I put them in the camera the right way, they just don't work and yes I've used other batteries in the camera and they work fine, anyone have this problem or know how to solve it?

What kind of batteries, AA, AAA, C, D, bespoke?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What kind of batteries, AA, AAA, C, D, bespoke?

AA

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

Just now, Heliian said:

How did you check them? 

I have a thing that holds batteries and you can check the charge at the top.

8 minutes ago, Grungble said:

I have a thing that holds batteries and you can check the charge at the top.

And assuming they are charged, you inserted them in the right way into the camera, you turn on the camera and.....nothing happens?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

And assuming they are charged, you inserted them in the right way into the camera, you turn on the camera and.....nothing happens?

yep inserted them the right way and when I turned the camera on it gave me the low battery notification thing, and won't take pictures.

6 minutes ago, Grungble said:

yep inserted them the right way and when I turned the camera on it gave me the low battery notification thing, and won't take pictures.

And if you are 100% certain the Energizer batteries are *fully, 100%* charged, then it's time to switch to Duracell.

I've had Pentax dSLRs before, and IIRC they were picky about batteries

ok, thanks for letting me know, I was unsure if anyone else had a problem like this with their older Pentax cameras.