Who uses those blue blocking glasses?

Doug_Dangger

Do they work?

Specially for my young son who has been home schooling.  Anything that lessens eye damage or strain is good.

They do work, yeah. I don't use them though, I just enable night light in Windows which lowers the blue light emitted and helps with eye strain, especially at night or if you use the computer in a dark room. Setting a TV/monitor to the warm preset basically does the same thing as well. 

set windows night light to 20-30%, i've found it helps A LOT if you're looking at a lot of white pages.

I use them, and they seem to help. On my pc I also use a program called f.lux which slowly transitions my monitor to have less blue light throughout the day, and you can set a schedule for it, which is helpful.

1 minute ago, aggressioncow said:

I use them, and they seem to help. On my pc I also use a program called f.lux which slowly transitions my monitor to have less blue light throughout the day, and you can set a schedule for it, which is helpful.

windows 10 has had that built in for a long time now. windows' builtin thing is more friendly towards laptops with nvidia optimus too.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

windows 10 has had that built in for a long time now. windows' builtin thing is more friendly towards laptops with nvidia optimus too.

Oh dang, I should be using that then, thanks haha.

Used em before and they are pretty great. Partner uses them during their migranes and it helps em a lot.

Thanks everyone.

I've been using night light for a few minutes and they are more relaxing to my eyes but it also makes me feel a little sleepy.  Not sure if it's good while working.  lol