Retailers Price Gouging :(

Nick980
On 4/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Tieox said:

was about to mention

Scan.co.uk is a scummy company.

I used to work for them in the 3XS department back in 2019, They're vile people who work within the company.

I hope you read this Mr. Director of 3XS.

Since 2019, ive solely disowned and boycotted Scan.

Fuck them.

27 minutes ago, ItsHusk3y said:

was about to mention

I used to work for them in the 3XS department back in 2019, They're vile people who work within the company.

Fuck them.

I went for a job interview with 3XS last year, definitely got the impression that it wasn't going to be a fun work environment plus the hours were insane. Reading some of the ratings on Glassdoor give a clear picture of a bad place to work as well

Scan are definitely not a good company, heard so many bad customer service stories over the years. I only use them these days if I need something the same day as it's a 10 minute drive to go pick it up

On 4/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, WillOfTheLand said:

Memory Express

-snip-

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 for 2,439.99 CAD, it's good price !

Because in France, at LDLC online store, MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio costs 2,849.95 EUR VAT (about 4,299 CAD / 3,450 USD) 😞

1050875008_MSIRTX3090LDLC.thumb.jpg.0956ad40661b617b31cb0c32c7e0648b.jpg

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

1 hour ago, Nick980 said:

I went for a job interview with 3XS last year, definitely got the impression that it wasn't going to be a fun work environment plus the hours were insane. Reading some of the ratings on Glassdoor give a clear picture of a bad place to work as well

Scan are definitely not a good company, heard so many bad customer service stories over the years. I only use them these days if I need something the same day as it's a 10 minute drive to go pick it up

3xs & Scan is terrible.

Tuesday's & Thursdays forced OT. I'd be in the warehouse building PC's till 11pm, starting at 9am, I live about a 10min drive from Bolton, but i was getting home at midnight / 1am.

If we declined to do the OT we was reprimanded.

I had a sick day because i was being sick in one of the plastic bins, couple days later get called in for a meeting for absences, get absolutely bollocked by this 40-odd something grown man, "You've been here two weeks and had two days off, may as well fuck off home".

So thats what i did, Pissed off at lunch, didnt say shit and walked out. If he wasnt going to give me a little ounce of respect, I absolutely wasnt going to give them the respect of saying "hey look, this isnt for me".

Got a call at like 5PM that day from him, told him to shove the job up his arse & started a new job shortly after, been boycotting Scan even for my work, using EBuyer or Aria.

3 hours ago, ItsHusk3y said:

3xs & Scan is terrible.

Tuesday's & Thursdays forced OT. I'd be in the warehouse building PC's till 11pm, starting at 9am, I live about a 10min drive from Bolton, but i was getting home at midnight / 1am.

If we declined to do the OT we was reprimanded.

I had a sick day because i was being sick in one of the plastic bins, couple days later get called in for a meeting for absences, get absolutely bollocked by this 40-odd something grown man, "You've been here two weeks and had two days off, may as well fuck off home".

So thats what i did, Pissed off at lunch, didnt say shit and walked out. If he wasnt going to give me a little ounce of respect, I absolutely wasnt going to give them the respect of saying "hey look, this isnt for me".

Got a call at like 5PM that day from him, told him to shove the job up his arse & started a new job shortly after, been boycotting Scan even for my work, using EBuyer or Aria.

They didn't even describe the Tuesday or Thursday shifts as overtime to me, just said that's the contract and what they all work. As soon as they mentioned it I knew I wouldn't be taking the job. No company should be having people in the business 13+ hours a day as a regular thing

21 hours ago, Triggeravus said:

I get that, but why are Newegg's prices suddenly that much more than all other major reputable retailers?  They're all dealing with the same supply chain.  And concerning GPUs, no one can keep them in stock so it's not a unique situation to that one company. 

Same supply chain, sure, but not the same distributors. Amazon, BestBuy, and Walmart are in completely different leagues of their owns, where NewEgg or other retailers can't compete.

Price differences are a thing, retailers will have items priced where they can make a profit calculated on the price they buy from their distributor. I get that it's currently annoying and it can be viewed as immoral, but it's what the market always was, and always will be.

If you want to learn about retail price gouging, lookup the issues Canadians have with retail pricing at double the price of identical items sold in the US ... There's even stuff that's made here in Canada that's sold at half price in the US (after currency conversion), at one point the CAD and USD were at par for a while and there were no price adjustments. When questioned, distributors are retailors replied with "Canadians are used to pay more ..." and that was it, nothing was done and companies continued to make banks on the back of Canadians due to the currency value, because while immoral, it's not illegal (personally did lots of US shopping since I'm only 45min away from the border, saved quite a lot of money even if I count the time and fuel).

So, welcome to capitalism, it's been like this for everyone for a VERY long time, and while it sucks from time to time, it's the system we all choose and the one we have to live with.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 hours ago, ItsHusk3y said:

was about to mention

Fuck them.

Oh do tell? PM if you wish, I am curious. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, IkeaGnome said:

ATT and Best Buy are also selling the same SKU as Apple. The MSRP is for reference SKUs, not AIBs. AIBs have ALWAYS been more expensive than reference cards.

FE cards used to be more expensive than partner cards I think.

It's not just Apple. Sony doesn't want retailers selling PS5 over MSRP, same for Microsoft with the Xbox. And those are sold out just like GPUs are. Why? Because it's bad for their company image.

nVidia doesn't care, they're probably price gougeing their board partners to set the example. 😄

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, Tieox said:

Oh do tell? PM if you wish, I am curious. 

Feel free to have a look at my previous comments, Forced OT, Very masculine environment, "pro" mental health yet made staff feel like shit, they'd belittle and be very unprofessional about any female staff members.

A lot of the people who work in the warehouse & 3xs team are nice, management is a tumour at the company and needs cutting out.

I remember finishing up at like 8PM on a thursday i was tired and wanted to go home, I had finished my PC's for the day, about to clock out and was told to get back to my station and build or i'll be written up. They're behind a large, large amount on orders and force people into doing OT when they should be expanding the warehouse to hire more builders.

Its very poorly run as a business and gives little to no respect to employees unless you're in a position of power