How to fix my shitty wifi

XRealX

I live in an apartment that's about 402 m. 
My download speed with an ethernet cable is about 34 Mbps. On wifi in the other room I usually get less then 10 Mbps.
We have asked our ISP (Telekom) to get us a better router multiple times but all they said that everything is okay on their end and that nothing can be done about this. I call BS on that.
The router is pretty much on the other side of the apartment, and the room that I use my laptop in is pretty much on the other side of the apartment. There's a 10 cm concrete wall that separates the two rooms. The internet comes in via a DSL cable (the cable that land line phones use). That cable is plugged into some 2.4GHz ZTE router.
As far as I've looked online, no good router has a DSL port.
Can I buy a modem that converts a DSL cable into an ethernet one so that I don't have to use that garbage ZTE router?

9 minutes ago, XRealX said:

2.4GHz ZTE router.

Does that router have any LAN ports?

Edit, it does:

9 minutes ago, XRealX said:

My download speed with an ethernet cable is about 34 Mbps.

Buy a good router (doesn't need to have DSL port), plug in one end of the ethernet cable into the LAN port of the ZTE router and the other end to the WAN port of the new router.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

m2  is the right way to write it like e=mc2 

Also you either has ZTE = mobile internet or DSL connection.

You can get many decent ADSL2+/VDSL2 modem routers. Like this one for example. A bit overkill for your setup but it provides a good example: https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Modem-Routers/All-series/DSL-AX82U/techspec/

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

There are several things that you can do varying from easy to not so. 

Easy:

- getting a new router is the easiest thing. You will probably need to get it configured by the ISP though

- using powerline adapters. I have personally tried this years ago and it was actually quite decent. Much better than WiFi and probably the most cost-effective solution. The only caviat here is that you will need to have an outlet reserved for each of the powerline adapters in order to ensure best performance. 

Not so easy:

- Drilling a whole in this concrete wall and putting a cable that plugs directly into your PC

- changing the ISP to someone that doesn't rely on outdated infrastructure and can supply reliably at least 100Mbps. Once this done you can get a nice good quality router

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

4 hours ago, XRealX said:

There's a 10 cm concrete wall that

Thats your problem. Concrete and WiFi dont mix. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

22 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

Does that router have any LAN ports?

Edit, it does:

Buy a good router (doesn't need to have DSL port), plug in one end of the ethernet cable into the LAN port of the ZTE router and the other end to the WAN port of the new router.

Ah, okay then. I can just pass through the connection to another router. Good.

22 hours ago, Analog said:

- changing the ISP to someone that doesn't rely on outdated infrastructure and can supply reliably at least 100Mbps. Once this done you can get a nice good quality router

There are 3 ISPs in the town I live in and none of them are better.
One really sucks when the weather is anything but clear.
The other one is basically the same thing as we have now.
So I'm stuck with this one

19 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Thats your problem. Concrete and WiFi dont mix. 

Exactly.

You need to get a cable to the other end of the wall and put an access point there.

Just changing your DSL modem won't make the concrete wall disappear.

Might as well put up another access point near the modem and disable its WiFi completely.

Directly wiring in a new WiFI router LAN to WAN will create a double NAT and is not recommended,

always connect LAN to LAN and disable DHCP on the added router or disable Access Point mode.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro