Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Linus life wiki?

Go to solution Solved by genisboy,

So you are saying I have to wait till Linus croaks for the WIKI to happen??? ARe you guys CRAZY?

I have a problem with keeping up with knowing everything about Linus Sebastian. He often talks about his life and goes into detail on the WAN show. But I'm a fairly new sub So i hav'nt watched like half a decade of WAN shows and never will. Is there like any wiki with all info about linus. Like what happend after he asked his girlfriend to just hang out yet realized on the train ride that it was her birthday. Or the time he had problems at school with his teacher. 

There should be a community effort to catalog and put all that info about linus's life on an online wiki.

why?

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd?? HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONE.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

why?

I want to know?

8 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

"I don't want to change, I want the world to change for me" start by doing yourself that effort, don't be lazy

No this would take too much of my valuable time it shoudl be a community effort PERIOD

1 minute ago, genisboy said:

No this would take too much of my valuable time it shoudl be a community effort PERIOD

That would require a community interested in it - the community, apparently, is not.

You appear to be the only individual interested. Therefore, you're gonna have to do it yourself.

Or don't do it at all, which is the more sensible and sane option, because this whole thing reeks of stalking.

1 minute ago, DriftMan said:

Oh ok, you'll have to watch all his videos then and stalk him in social media

period

No, PERIOD

15 minutes ago, genisboy said:

There should be a community effort to catalog and put all that info about linus's life on an online wiki.

No there shouldn't, that would be weird and creepy.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Just now, Rauten said:

That would require a community interested in it - the community, apparently, is not.

You appear to be the only individual interested. Therefore, you're gonna have to do it yourself.

Or don't do it at all, which is the more sensible and sane option, because this whole thing reeks of stalking.

I'm shocked by the lack of interest. Where have all the good Linus fans gone

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

No there shouldn't, that would be weird and creepy.

It's not like he doen't put that info out there expecting that nobody wants to hear it -_-

Just now, genisboy said:

It's not like he doen't put that info out there expecting that nobody wants to hear it -_-

It's one thing to listen to him ramble on the wan show about things that may or may not be related to a topic, it's another to obsessively collect every detail of his personal life in a wiki.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

See it as valuable information and advice that people would usually not even put out, your minor part of the effort to get it is to watch the videos. 

Just like if you want to learn the many things there are to learn from Louis Rossmann, you watch the hours of video he's put out about his life and experiences, it's not like a short summary could get the valuable info across anyway.

Or wait to see if Linus ever puts out that book he was talking about...

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's one thing to listen to him ramble on the wan show about things that may or may not be related to a topic, it's another to obsessively collect every detail of his personal life in a wiki.

Hey, did you ever read a biography? No? what's trhe difference

6 minutes ago, genisboy said:

I'm shocked by the lack of interest. Where have all the good Linus fans gone

There aren't many linus fans, we're only listening to him because we're tech fans

If linus starts spamming blogs on his channel like bitwit, I would start ignoring his videos more often

My PCs: Desky | Beddie | Miney | Benchie

Things I need help with: (nothing at the moment)

Spoiler

none atm

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer: shit tier quality products, shit tier customer service thus far, they "tried" to solve my issue but they arent really doing anything but delaying and delaying. (on-going case since July)

Gigabyte: horrible customer service (gigabyte had literally 0 customer service, asked me to go to retailer with NO WAY to email them about a question) but at least they fixed my shit in ONE MONTH (would probably take me 1 hour to fix if they let me email them)

XiaoMi Phones: built like a tank but the software is buggy as all hell

Seagate HDD: had too many dead seagate drives

Kingston SSD: 300V controller swap thingy

Razer (except their mouse)

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

There aren't many linus fans, we're only listening to him because we're tech fans

If linus starts spamming blogs on his channel like bitwit, I would start ignoring his videos more often

2bhonest LTT's tech coverage is second rate at best. It's more entertainment  anyway.

Just now, genisboy said:

That the biography was either penned by, or authorized by, the person being biographed, meaning they have control about what is or isn't being published about them, or it was made posthumously which usually still requires authorization by their living relatives.

Just now, genisboy said:

The difference is a biography is written with explicit permission from the person it's about (or from their family if they're dead) by an author they trust. If you ask Linus and he tells you he wants you to do this then by all means, go ahead... but doing this of your own initiative would be weird.

Also there's a wikipedia page on him if you want to know the major things he did https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Sebastian

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

So you are saying I have to wait till Linus croaks for the WIKI to happen??? ARe you guys CRAZY?

2 minutes ago, genisboy said:

Like seriously what is this. If this isn't some troll or shitpost thread I'm genuinely concerned about your mental health.

3 minutes ago, genisboy said:

There is only one person who can be called crazy in this thread. If you are willing to idolize someone, dont expect someone else do the work for you. Linus is a successful youtuber thus and a very successful business owner. He didnt find the cure to cancer, or found a way to colonize mars with cable ties. He is just a successful business owner who took chances, worked hard and got where he is now. Rest does not matter.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd?? HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONE.

1 minute ago, genisboy said:

I don't care about that surface level stuff. I want the details

that's the creepy part my friend

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

His life isn't really that much more interesting outside of what he does. He's a regular guy with a family who happens to own a youtube channel. And secondly He posts the interesting stuff about his life on said youtube channel.

Demanding what should be done by others for your enjoyment and not putting a minutes' worth of effort of your "valuable time" is called entitlement. You're a lazy entitled creep.

To admins: Why is this topic still open?

Be patient.