God I would love linus’ job!

PyroFireZeroX

If you're not trolling... he's made several videos where he discussed his life, expect about 15 years to get there.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

23 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you're not trolling... he's made several videos where he discussed his life, expect about 15 years to get there.

If you make a lot of right decisions like linus did. It's easy to try hard but never get where he is.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, genisboy said:

Any statistics to backup your claims or are you just pushing your opinion on others?

If it was easy, you'd see a lot more people in a similar position as Linus, don't you think?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

41 minutes ago, PyroFireZeroX said:

How do I get your job bro?

I highly doubt you would actually love his job as much if you had any idea of the amount of work he must surely put it. He is running a company (well, if I understand it correctly actually multiple companies) with lot's of people working for him. Even with the support admin staff he has hit means a crap-load of admin work. And that's on top of all his work supporting his staff, proofreading and correcting the scripts, planning new videos, doing new videos, etc.

What you see him doing sure is fun, but I doubt you even see as much as 10%of his actual job and I don't even want to know the amount of hours he puts into it. That sure is not a 9-5 job at all...

6 minutes ago, genisboy said:

There are a ton of youtubers, no?

Who are at the top of a 60ish employee company? Nope...

Take the time to watch this, it's a nice example of how things can go.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 minutes ago, genisboy said:

There are a ton of youtubers, no?

Wow, that shows how little you know about Linus and his company and how little you know about becoming a successful Youtuber to begin with. There are quite literally thousands -- most likely hundreds of thousands -- of people out there who have tried really, really hard to become successful Youtubers only to find themselves in personal bankruptcy. Out of all the millions of Youtubers, only a handful are actually really successful.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

11 minutes ago, genisboy said:

It's hard to fail if you really try.

please start a youtube channel and come back and post here when you're successful.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, genisboy said:

lol, did you actually read any of the links you gave me? The quora top answer literally says what I have been saying.

You're entirely free to go and prove me wrong. I'll be waiting here for you to get anywhere near Linus's level of success.

3 minutes ago, genisboy said:

Meh I don't like to be famous. Getting approached by strangers all the time sucks 

I didn't want to have to call you out....but i will.

this you?

so YOU dont want people coming up to you all the time, but you want a personal wiki of everything Linus?

Some interesting double standards

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, genisboy said:

see post above;;; If I liked fame I'd sure show you

You said you'd love Linus's job and, well, having to deal with fame and strangers is part of the job. Also, no, you'd just be yet another failed Youtuber.

*** Thread locked ***

This is not getting anywhere productive.

@PyroFireZeroX, Linus has done couple of interviews as well as talked in his own videos about his history and decisions. Do note that he is college drop-out who got job from retailer because he was hobbyist. The rest is combination of personal skills and luck. Many of the bigger names have had day-job of some sort, and/or education of some sort.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv