Small Flickering w/ XC3 Ultra RTX 3070

ClassyEnd

Hi everyone, I recently got my hands on an EVGA XC3 ultra RTX 3070.

I've noticed that when I "alt+tab" from a fullscreen game, I get this weird flickering on the screen. The screen doesn't turn completely off or disconnect, but it seems to dim instantaneously and then return to normal. Then, as Im still "tabbed" out of the game, it will flicker intermittently. (In addition, it also flickers on Zoom frequently). 
 Oddly enough, it seems to perform alright in games, temperatures are ok and it scores a bit over 4500 on the valley benchmark at 1440p cranked settings and there's no stuttering in Warzone or GTA V.

My system specs are:
i9 10850k
ASUS Tuf Z590 Wifi
32 GB Crucial 3200MHz Ram
650W Corsair RM PSU.

As I mentioned before, however, it also did this on an entirely different computer with a different motherboard.

I've made sure my drivers are updated (for both the GPU and monitor) and I've tried a clean install but it is the same. The monitor is a Samsung FreeSync C27JG56 144Hz, 1440p monitor connected thru DP. It doesn't seem like I can induce the flickering on my second samsung monitor (an older one connected via HDMI). Because of this, I feel like it might be a weird freesync setting (I want to disable it) or some sort of monitor incompatibility. Oddly though, I didn't have issues with this monitor with my GTX 960.

The system isn't unusable but it's definitely annoying...

Trying to decide if it's a driver issue or if it's something I should consider RMA for. Just sucks because I've had the card installed for less than a week.

you are right with that its probably related to freesync or in this case more specifically that you have an Nvidia GPU but freesync is an AMD technology.

If your monitor supports it you can activate gsync and the problem should be gone or if you somehow managed to enable it turn off freesync as it will not work with an Nvidia GPU.

Just now, Pixel5 said:

you are right with that its probably related to freesync or in this case more specifically that you have an Nvidia GPU but freesync is an AMD technology.

If your monitor supports it you can activate gsync and the problem should be gone or if you somehow managed to enable it turn off freesync as it will not work with an Nvidia GPU.

It's just odd given that I haven't touched any monitor settings and I didn't experience this problem with the GTX 960.

2 minutes ago, ClassyEnd said:

It's just odd given that I haven't touched any monitor settings and I didn't experience this problem with the GTX 960.

my guess would be that this is because the 960 never reached high FPS in any games.

i have a 6900XT now but my monitor only supports gsync so for me when games reach high FPS but dont reach the 165hz my monitor is running at i see weird stuttering because the FPS and refresh rate are out of sync.