Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Program to "remix" some music?

I've been trying Audacity, but coming from Cubase (back in the 90s) it seems very rudimentary and not really made for mixing tracks, it might be possible but seems overly complicated for such an easy task...

So I read "garage band" (?) would be more suitable perhaps? 

Basically what i need is easily add, cut, and "mix" tracks or songs with precise controls and navigation ,and being able to change speeds for individual tracks if possible (and without "time streching") would make it perfect. 

Or how about Magix music maker?  What are the restrictions of the free version? 

I'm actually one of those people who thinks that anonymity is overrated. Some people confuse privacy and anonymity and think they go hand in hand, and that protecting privacy means that you need to protect anonymity. I think that's wrong. Anonymity is important if you're a whistle-blower, but if you cannot prove your identity, your crazy rant on some social-media platform shouldn't be visible, and you shouldn't be able to share it or like it.

Linus Torvalds 

I tried to look into Cubase and it reminded me of Ardour and LMMS. Maybe check them out to see if it has what your after, they are both Free, Open-Source, and Cross-Platform.

2 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

I tried to look into Cubase and it reminded me of Ardour and LMMS. Maybe check them out to see if it has what your after, they are both Free, Open-Source, and Cross-Platform.

Thanks,  I'll look into these as well.

Otherwise I remembered I've been using magix music maker on windows vista and it was great... actually one of the reasons I wanted to resurrect my old Vista pc, but no luck so far,  more complicated than I thought... i probably needed an original motherboard replacement. 

But yeah, i guess I'll try this free version and if it's not doing what I need it to do, I'll try those you've mentioned.

Not sure about garage band,  seems to be apple software which doesn't work well on windows if quick time is anything to go by lol. 

Edit: ah, cross fade...i knew I forgot something I'd need haha.  

I'm actually one of those people who thinks that anonymity is overrated. Some people confuse privacy and anonymity and think they go hand in hand, and that protecting privacy means that you need to protect anonymity. I think that's wrong. Anonymity is important if you're a whistle-blower, but if you cannot prove your identity, your crazy rant on some social-media platform shouldn't be visible, and you shouldn't be able to share it or like it.

Linus Torvalds 

I know Cockos Reaper isn't exactly free, but with just 60$ for a discounted license (e.g. for individuals) it's quite reasonably priced. I have used v4.x and v5.x of the application and can recommend it.