i7-10700k vs i5-11600k for PC Build

Any opinions on a choice between an Intel i7-10700k vs an i5-11600k? In case it helps, I've put some additional information below.

• The i5 is $10 dollars cheaper than the i7, with the prices being $259.99 and $269.99 USD respectively, but both are within my budget.
  • I would be pairing it with a ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3070. 
  • I plan on mostly using it for gaming with fairly moderate performance based tasks occasionally.
  • I haven't bought a motherboard yet so no constraints there.
  • I plan on overclocking so if one is easier or better for overclocking I would appreciate any opinions on that.

My own quick opinion is to go with the i5-11600k as it has 20 PCIe Gen 4 lanes as opposed to 16 Gen 3 lanes, seems to do slightly better in most game benchmarks, and I was told that it has a higher power limit for overclocking (Is anyone able to confirm this?). 

8 minutes ago, MegaMayham007 said:

Any opinions on a choice between an Intel i7-10700k vs an i5-11600k? In case it helps, I've put some additional information below.

• The i5 is $10 dollars cheaper than the i7, with the prices being $259.99 and $269.99 USD respectively, but both are within my budget.
  • I plan on mostly using it for gaming with fairly moderate performance based tasks occasionally.
  • I plan on overclocking so if one is easier or better for overclocking I would appreciate any opinions on that.

My own quick opinion is to go with the i5-11600k as it has 20 PCIe Gen 4 lanes as opposed to 16 Gen 3 lanes, seems to do slightly better in most game benchmarks, and I was told that it has a higher power limit for overclocking (Is anyone able to confirm this?). 

Its a hard choice for me, there really isnt much difference in terms of gaming performance, like its not a huge increase and youll loose cores and threads. how much is the 5600x in your country

6 minutes ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

Its a hard choice for me, there really isnt much difference in terms of gaming performance, like its not a huge increase and youll loose cores and threads. how much is the 5600x in your country

The 5600x is listed at $299.99 here. 

2 minutes ago, MegaMayham007 said:

Now im only recommending this processor, one because it does perform better in most cases than both of them sometimes, and 2 there motherboards are cheaper so what you spend more on the processor you save on the motherboard. But this is only my opinion so take it as you wish.

15 minutes ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

Now im only recommending this processor, one because it does perform better in most cases than both of them sometimes, and 2 there motherboards are cheaper so what you spend more on the processor you save on the motherboard. But this is only my opinion so take it as you wish.

Sadly looking at the listing it seems to be out of stock right now. I'll need to do more research but if it comes back in stock I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thank you for your input!

46 minutes ago, MegaMayham007 said:

10700k anyday, If you are putting a 3070 ,the better igpu of the i5 doesn't matter. Also the single core perf difference will be nearly negligent as the 10700k can do a 200 mhz higher overclock. The i7 has extra cores which is always nice. I am guessing you won't be using pcie 4. Even with a device, pcie 3.0 bus will take 2-4 years to saturate. So I believe, go with the i7.

30 minutes ago, MegaMayham007 said:

If you are doing pure gaming, especially CS:GO, then go for amd. However, if you want to do productivity tasks, then the extra cores of the i7 will come handy.

On 4/21/2021 at 12:10 AM, WolframaticAlpha said:

10700k anyday, If you are putting a 3070 ,the better igpu of the i5 doesn't matter. Also the single core perf difference will be nearly negligent as the 10700k can do a 200 mhz higher overclock. The i7 has extra cores which is always nice. I am guessing you won't be using pcie 4. Even with a device, pcie 3.0 bus will take 2-4 years to saturate. So I believe, go with the i7.

On 4/21/2021 at 12:12 AM, WolframaticAlpha said:

If you are doing pure gaming, especially CS:GO, then go for amd. However, if you want to do productivity tasks, then the extra cores of the i7 will come handy.

Interesting. I know I'd definitely appreciate the extra cores whenever I need to edit and I'll definitely appreciate the higher overclock as well.