Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Motherboard lights working, but nothing else

Hey, so I just finished my first pc build and nothing is turning on but the motherboard rgb lights. Not sure what I did wrong because I tried to follow the POV Build Guide and read all my manuals, but I think I messed up somewhere. If anyone knows what I did wrong please tell me (btw sorry for terrible cable management in the back I tried...)

Part list:

Ryzen 5 5600X

6700 XT

16 GB Corsair RGB Ram

ROG Strix B-450 II

Ares Gaming Bronze+ 650 PSU

Kraken x53 Cooler

Phanteks Eclipse P300A

Samsung 860 EVO Storageimage.thumb.jpg.5b55a7948d65a8d82ceb764a0b745102.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

RGB lights means likely only your 3.3 and 5v lines are working. Is the 12v main PSU cable secure? Did you plug the 8pin CPU EPS cable in securely and connected to the right spot on the PSU? Check if the MB is not making contact with the case anywhere except the standoffs. (This is why you want to bench test first.) 

Also check the PCIE cables are plugged in correctly and securely on both sides and the front panel connectors are in the right place. Though these are unlikely causes.

Easiest thing would be to try a different PSU first if you have access to one.

Check the LEDs behind the AIOs tubes. If the problem doesn't come from the PSU, they should tell you where your problems might be coming from.

But before that, is your display connected to your GPU or to the motherboard? Because if the answer is the motherboard, there's your problem.

yeah kinda embarrassing to admit but turns out I just didn’t press the power button... I thought pressing the on switch on the psu was the same thing as pressing the on button on the pc... thank you to everyone that took their time out of their day to respond though, this community is hella supportive.

1. RGB lights working should be interpreted as: "The motherboard is probably ok... but not certainly."
2. Asus has LEDs Right under where that cooling loop hose is... (picture provided.)
3. This should tell you something... this is in fact the info we would need to continue... 

code.png