Network Switch crashing, I receive some packets, do not send ones, and some I do not receive.

partal

I have ran into an issue recently, the issue being my internet stops working from the point from the switch towards the main home router.

I have 2 devices connected to the Switch (One being a PC, one a Laptop) and the issue I have been facing is the network randomly starts dropping packets, note, that not all packets are dropped, I still receive some small ones, like, I see players in-game shooting and they are doing that in real-time, I receive some Discord packages, I can hear teammates, but they cannot.

What I tried so far:

• I changed the Switch, thinking it was a faulty one (I went out and bought a 5 port 1Gbit one, 15$ Tenda one)
  • I set both of the speeds of the 2 devices to match each other (thought something might be happening there with one PC sending a lot more packets than the other)
  • I updated both Windows 10s
  • I changed the switch ports
  • I moved the switch in order to have the cable have some leeway 

What could the issue be caused by? Should I try factory restarting my router?

5 hours ago, partal said:

What could the issue be caused by? Should I try factory restarting my router?

You can start by telling us the make/model of the switch(es) and router.

I'm assuming this network is all wired. What type of ethernet cable? Have you inspected the cable to ensure there are no sharp bends, insulation stripping/damage, or untwisting of the twisted pairs? Is the cable one that you made yourself?