new router need a constant reboot / restart

Darian.Chen

I recently bought a new router (Asus RT-AC59U V2) because i was having trouble with the range and connection speed on my old modem/router provided by my ISP.

Setting up the new router was easy, the signal strength and the connection speed is much better compare to the ISP provided modem/router. However at least once or twice every day, i need to reboot my router because the wifi just stop working, at first i reboot both the modem and the new router, but then i found out rebooting the router alone also work (hence i assume the problem is from the new router not the modem).

I try googling, as well as reading few posts from ltt forums but couldn't quite get the answer to my problem. so here are my questions

1. Is it because the RAM in my router is too small, I have roughly 20 devices connected to the router. if it is the problem will buying new and better router solve my problem? and what's the minimum requirement for the new router so i won't have to deal with the same problem again?
  2. I have a wifi range extender (different SSID) upstairs, will connecting few of my devices to the extender instead of directly to the router helps?

I tried browsing for information on how many devices can connect simultaneously to the router (Asus RT-AC59U V2) but couldn't find any.

I also ask my ISP to disable the router on the old modem/router to minimize signal interference.

Thank You