Zealios V2 - Much better than MX?

AzowiX

Hey

Some people told thats a good upgrade but not so massive and not worth it on every situation.

What you think? Because I thinking to sell my keyboard and buy new one hotswappable like GMMK Pro.

MX Browns.

Thanks.

It heavily depends on what kind of switches do you like. Zealios are more of a loud tactile compared to the quieter Zilent thats more akin to browns. But really imo, its all subjective and the only tried and true way to see if its "much better" for you is to grab a sample switch, and feel it for yourself.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

It heavily depends on what kind of switches do you like. Zealios are more of a loud tactile compared to the quieter Tealios thats more akin to browns. But really imo, its all subjective and the only tried and true way to see if its "much better" for you is to grab a sample switch, and feel it for yourself.

I have tester here but with V1 of this switch.

I need to test those on some board.

Cherry is really bad on this days?

1 minute ago, AzowiX said:

They havent changed much, its just the fact that we have more and more switch makers by the year, with better quality, value, or suits more niche market that Cherry simply dont wanna cater.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

They havent changed much, its just the fact that we have more and more switch makers by the year, with better quality, value, or suits more niche market that Cherry simply dont wanna cater.

Okay but its worth it to sell my keyboard because of an upgrade?

I want better experience.

And board like GMMK is not cheap at all.

7 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

Okay but its worth it to sell my keyboard because of an upgrade?

As i say, heavily depends. If i were you i would use that keyboard till its untimely death and get a GMMK board, but a hotswap board imo will pay for itself overtime as a lot of mechanical keyboard breakage is usually on the connector or the switches itself which is easily replaceable on those kind of board.

Hey there.

35 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

Zealios V2 - Much better than MX?

Some people told thats a good upgrade but not so massive and not worth it on every situation.

What you think? Because I thinking to sell my keyboard and buy new one hotswappable like GMMK Pro.

MX Browns.

748540861251321887.png?v=1

Uncertain how Zealios compare with Cherry MX Browns, seeing as I don't have any Browns with me, but I do have Zealios V2s. I was... very not impressed by the Zealios.

As in, it's an okay switch. Tactile bump exists at the top of the keypress, but it's rather soft, if compared to Hako Royal Clears or if you're expecting a more pronounced/sharper tactile bump. Keypresses are somewhat smooth. Tolerances between the stem and housing are adequately tight; the switch doesn't suffer from stem wobble. Thing is, they retail for $1 per switch; by far one of the more pricey mechanical switches.

It's uh, a very mediocre switch with a pretty price tag, IMO. 619039042725740563.gif?v=1

Do note that, when it comes to tactiles, I am biased towards ones with firm tactile bumps. Topre rubber domes are at the top of that list, followed (veeery remotely) by Hako Royal Clears and BOX Jades (technically clickys, but they still have a tactile bump, I guess?).

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Zealio's aren't worth the price considering the variety available in the market now.  On tactiles, it's all in the user and what they prefer - myself I would prefer a more pronounced tactility compared to the subtle or a MX-Brown or a switch that would feel similar.  
A hot-swap is a good route to go if you're unsure on what switch, kind of why I went with the NK65 Entry so I could try numerous variants over time.

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

IMO, Zealos V2 are thee tactile switch to get, the only tactile switch to get. It is superior to MX brown in every respect. Smother, more tactile, less wobble. A few switches come close but they are unsurpassed. 

The only reason not to get them is if you preferer less tactility. 

1 hour ago, AzowiX said:

I have tester here but with V1 of this switch.

I need to test those on some board.

Compared to V1, V2 are even more tactile. The bump is larger and also there's no pre-travel like with the V1, the V2 bump starts right at the top of the stroke.  

4 minutes ago, geo3 said:

IMO, Zealos V2 are thee tactile switch to get, the only tactile switch to get. It is superior to MX brown in every respect. Smother, more tactile, less wobble. A few switches come close but they are unsurpassed. 

The only reason not to get them is if you preferer less tactility. 

Compared to V1, V2 are even more tactile. The bump is larger and also there's no pre-travel like with the V1, the V2 bump starts right at the top of the stroke.  

Which kailh box is alternative to zealios 2?

Just now, AzowiX said:

Which kailh box is alternative to zealios 2?

None of them really. Box Royals have a similar strength tactile feed back. but Kailh Box switch tactility is all quite sharp, a short spike in tactility, as where Zealios are a more drawn out bump. The Kailh pro purple, which is not a box switch, feels a lot like Zealios V1. 

If you're looking for something close but less expensive then probably you want some Panda variant, though I'm not familiar with all of them and they have a somewhat complicated history. 

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

None of them really. Box Royals have a similar strength tactile feed back. but Kailh Box switch tactility is all quite sharp, a short spike in tactility, as where Zealios are a more drawn out bump. The Kailh pro purple, which is not a box switch, feels a lot like Zealios V1. 

If you're looking for something close but less expensive then probably you want some Panda variant, though I'm not familiar with all of them and they have a somewhat complicated history. 

It is worth it to sell my keyboard and buy GMMK Pro for 350$ with all? switches, keycaps and all the others.

I see have some premium cases for 300$ so I need to pay maybe 120$ more for custom high quality case.

What you think?

I'm the wrong guy to ask about worth it. I have have like 8 full custom keyboards within arms length. 

If you want a good 75% the GMMK Pro is indeed a good choice. You could also look at https://www.idobao.net/products/idobao-id80-75-hot-swappable-mechanical-keyboard-kit or some of these KBDFans options https://kbdfans.com/collections/75-diy-kit

7 minutes ago, geo3 said:

I'm the wrong guy to ask about worth it. I have have like 8 full custom keyboards within arms length. 

If you want a good 75% the GMMK Pro is indeed a good choice. You could also look at https://www.idobao.net/products/idobao-id80-75-hot-swappable-mechanical-keyboard-kit or some of these KBDFans options https://kbdfans.com/collections/75-diy-kit

But with fees and all I will pay maybe 400$ or 450$.. I dont know if the Pro worth it because is an entry level..