Laptop power cycle or similar

Kanna

So my friends older laptop has a blinking power button and black screen it's a Lenovo B50, I tried without battery, tried reseating

battery and waiting one minute, tried reseating ram stick and tried the other slot still nothing 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Blinking power button is mostly associated with memory issues, and since you reseated the memory..i would suggest trying another stick to see if it fixes the problem, if not then it's either from the traces on the motherboard or the cpu itself. If the laptop has a faulty dGPU this could happen as well, which can only be fixed by reflowing or reballing if you are really lucky.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

4 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Blinking power button is mostly associated with memory issues, and since you reseated the memory..i would suggest trying another stick to see if it fixes the problem, if not then it's either from the traces on the motherboard or the cpu itself. If the laptop has a faulty dGPU this could happen as well, which can only be fixed by reflowing or reballing if you are really lucky.

So what of I don't have another ram stick

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

So what of I don't have another ram stick

Is there another pc you can try it in? You just need to borrow it to check...that is the only way

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Is there another pc you can try it in? You just need to borrow it to check...that is the only way

Okay I don't think I have any other PC to test in so guess I have to buy new ram and try

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Okay I don't think I have any other PC to test in so guess I have to buy new ram and try

You have to borrow some ram for testing, try not to buy if possible since the pc could be dead. I warned you

2 hours ago, Void Master said:

You have to borrow some ram for testing, try not to buy if possible since the pc could be dead. I warned you

I just don't have a place I can borrow DDR3 RAM from, if it's dead I could return it and wonder why it worked not so Long ago

Reminder⚠️

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I just don't have a place I can borrow DDR3 RAM from, if it's dead I could return it and wonder why it worked not so Long ago

Well...it is what it is...I had motherboards die FOR NO ACTUAL REASON.

17 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Well...it is what it is...I had motherboards die FOR NO ACTUAL REASON.

So laptops being laptops huh

Reminder⚠️

@Void MasterGood news My laptop might be SODIMMDDR3 so I can test in His laptop

Reminder⚠️

4 hours ago, Kanna said:

@Void MasterGood news My laptop might be SODIMMDDR3 so I can test in His laptop

Good luck, make sure that it's DDR3 not DDR3L

There are several different models of the b50, we'll need the full number or at least specs. 

7 hours ago, Heliian said:

There are several different models of the b50, we'll need the full number or at least specs. 

Well I’m not fairly sure but it’s 4GB RAM and some like older / lower end intel CPU paired with an HDD

Reminder⚠️

8 hours ago, Void Master said:

Good luck, make sure that it's DDR3 not DDR3L

Is there any visible difference?

Reminder⚠️

7 hours ago, Kanna said:

Is there any visible difference?

DDR3L usually has PC3L written instead of PC3. And is mostly newer.

1 hour ago, Void Master said:

DDR3L usually has PC3L written instead of PC3. And is mostly newer.

Both RAM sticks has PC3L

Reminder⚠️

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Both RAM sticks has PC3L

well it should work