Can anyone confirm if FreeSync shows as "Not Supported" on their Radeon RX 6900 XT over HDMI?

codespunk

I bought a stock Radeon RX 6900 XT direct from AMD (reference cooler, etc.). My monitors are ASUS VG245H which supports FreeSync. The Radeon has 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI outputs. The monitors have HDMI-input ONLY-- there is NO DisplayPort on this monitor.

FreeSync works on the two DisplayPort outputs but I have to use an HDMI->DisplayPort adapter because there is no native DisplayPort on the monitor. If I connect to the HDMI port the video card then FreeSync is not enabled and shows as "Not supported" for this monitor despite the same monitor working fine on the other DisplayPort output.

I have enabled FreeSync on the monitor. This is not a question about whether FreeSync is enabled and working. It is tested and confirmed working on the DisplayPort outputs but cannot be abled through AMD's display software for the monitor when connected via HDMI.

My question is whether anyone here can confirm whether FreeSync is working for them for this graphics card when connected to the HDMI port without an adapter using a display that is known to support FreeSync.

I have thee of these VG245H monitors and FreeSync will not work using the HDMI output on the GPU for any of them.

I'm using "High Speed" cables that are 10FT in length. The monitors are only 1080p so this should be more than sufficient.

These are my exact cables:

https://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/879565100131

Swapping out the cable for another brand did not help.