Anyone find 3080 in store?

CuriousBro

I called Best Buy customer service last week and asked if they ever put 3080's on the shelf or if they are all bought online. She said the stores inventory is linked to the website, so if it's bought online, then it is pulled off the shelf. Which means it never gets to shelf. My question, is there any retailer who puts 3080's on their shelf and keeps the online side separate?

Motherboard: Asus Tuf X570-Plus | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x Eight-Core Processor | GPU: Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 10gb  | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 | Case: ATX Mid Tower Case | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB & 1TB M.2 | Display: Samsung C27HG70 27" 2560x1440 144Hz 1ms | Operating System: Windows 10

The whole situation is different in India. They say global chip shortage and in india all the RTX 3080, 3070 , 3090s are available in amazon. And also they main funny part is that no other GPUs are in stock. And even a 1660 in stock cost around 500 dollars but the 3080s are sold at msrp.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Most online-retailers who also have a physical store combine their inventory. I don't know why anyone of them would do it in a different way. It just doesn't make financial sense to have GPUs (or any other item) "sitting" on shelves when they would be instantly sold online. Why limit the sale only to locals? Also in europe most stores are prohibited to serve customers on-site due to the whole Covid situation and need to sell online either way if they want to sell anything at all.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Most online-retailers who also have a physical store combine their inventory. I don't know why anyone of them would do it in a different way. It just doesn't make financial sense to have GPUs (or any other item) "sitting" on shelves when they would be instantly sold online. Why limit the sale only to locals? Also in europe most stores are prohibited to serve customers on-site due to the whole Covid situation and need to sell online either way if they want to sell anything at all.

I get it, just my fantasies about retailers caring more is too hopeful.

Motherboard: Asus Tuf X570-Plus | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x Eight-Core Processor | GPU: Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 10gb  | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 | Case: ATX Mid Tower Case | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB & 1TB M.2 | Display: Samsung C27HG70 27" 2560x1440 144Hz 1ms | Operating System: Windows 10

If a GPU was sitting on the shelf of a store nobody goes to it would not be "caring", it's one card that sits there when it could go to someone who wants it...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

If a GPU was sitting on the shelf of a store nobody goes to it would not be "caring", it's one card that sits there when it could go to someone who wants it...

This. ^

Also none of these stores actually care about how happy you are. Otherwise they wouldn't drive the prices up like they are. In the end they're just like every other company on earth; trying to make as much money as possible. None of the online retailers are there for charity.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Microcenter had 6900 XTs on the shelf... because they were $2500.

BestBuy near me will list some as in-store only, they still sell out however very shortly after appearing in stock. Considering I live 45 minutes away, I can just assume anything that hits the shelves will be gone by the time I get there. Most of them end up re-appearing on Facebook Market place around the $2300 price point.