Liquid cooling temps depend on case airflow? Case mod?

So I got the Asus Helios case knowing it will have airflow issues caused by the front panel. The plan is to remove it completely. The gamers nexus review reported a drop of around 22% after removing the panel when compared to stock performance.

However, they also mention that "there’s not a great way to improve on the stock temps other than liquid cooling".

So, I wanted to ask:

1) If switching to liquid cooling will perform well even though airflow is restricted? The way I understand it, is that the radiators still need air to dissipate the heat from the system.

2) If removing the front panel and adding liquid cooling will be even better? And;

3) If anyone has any tips that I can do in the bios or fan settings to improve temperatures?

Currently, with Ice Giant's ProSiphon Elite, CPU temps are around 63 Celsius, and can go to the high 70s when I play some games. I haven't overclocked anything but I believe the system does it automatically.

Setup: 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor Purchased For 3400.00Dh
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For 2500.00Dh
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For 1000.00Dh
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For 1000.00Dh
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Speedster MERC 319 Ultra Video Card Purchased For 5500.00Dh
Case Asus GX601 ATX Full Tower Case Purchased For 1190.00Dh
Power Supply Asus 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For 1490.00Dh
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Purchased For 754.06Dh
Monitor Asus ROG Strix XG27UQ 27.0" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor Purchased For 4200.00Dh
Keyboard Logitech G815 Lightsync RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For 570.00Dh
Mouse Logitech G402 Wired Optical Mouse Purchased For 199.00Dh
Custom F4-3200C14Q-128GTZR Purchased
Custom ProSiphon Elite Purchased
Custom XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller Purchased
Custom Razer Seiren Mini Microphone Purchased
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $0.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-20 03:31 EDT-0400  

Let me know if there's anything else I can share!

Thanks!

1) yes but with radiators you can make them much bigger than a heatsink for more area, which means more cooling even with the same airflow.

2) Yes if you increase airflow then it will be even better for liquid cooling too

3) Just get good fans that perform well but aren't too loug

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

3) Just get good fans that perform well but aren't too loug

Yes - I was thinking something from be quiet would work, and match the theme of the build.

But I think the kind of fans I get will depend on whether I go for liquid cooling or not? Radiator fans are different if I'm not mistaken?

And thank you, your answers really help clear things up!

As long as they are High Pressure fans, it should not matter much (unless you use fans that have a very poor design and build quality).

But why would you buy that case? Is it just for the looks? Because you could get a much better case in the same budget.

dont forget to raid the ssd's.

(do you say: raid the ssd's, or put the ssd's in raid?

55 minutes ago, malawar said:

Yes - I was thinking something from be quiet would work, and match the theme of the build.

But I think the kind of fans I get will depend on whether I go for liquid cooling or not? Radiator fans are different if I'm not mistaken?

And thank you, your answers really help clear things up!

It's not that important, but I would always go with SP fans, radiator or not, because other components like fan filters and the case mesh add restriction and I always run my fans at low rpm.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020