Audio crackling from 3.5mm speakers and USB headset

gyrethan

Hello,

Just created an account so that I could get some advice on an issue I'm troubleshooting with my PC. I've been having crackling audio issues with any sounds coming from my PC and since its affecting both 3.5mm and USB, I'm assuming this is either some kind of software issue or possibly something with my motherboard.

I have a corsair virtuoso and have had crackling issues in the past (dont recommend the headset but it has the best wireless microphone i've been able to find on any other headset). At first I disregarded this as just my headset acting up, but my speakers are experiencing the same exact issue now. Not sure if the virtuoso uses a built in sound card or the one built into the motherboard. Since recently, my motherboard has been resetting BIOS settings on every reboot so i'm assuming it has something to do with my motherboard. Resetting BIOS points to CMOS but that doesn't explain audio issues at all, nor am I getting a CMOS error on startup.

I just reinstalled windows completely with no success and I've tried changing audio format and settings.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 5 (wasn't able to easily find a z370 replacement btw), Im running an 8700k with a founders RTX2070, and my Power supply is a CX750M.

Any Ideas?

I don't have too much experience there but you could try a cheap PCIe sound card, maybe that will fix your issue?