Looking for a wallet for Windows

I have been looking at using atomicwallet and/or a hardware wallet to store coins long-term using a dedicated PC.

If for example I was using atomicwallet and one day they disappeared, as in went out of business, would I still be able to recover my coins if I had backed up the private keys for each crypto?

depending on the crypto, I think that as long as you have the private key on hand, you can use any wallet. it is not tied to a specific wallet app. 

Do not trust my answer. Check yourself by contacting atomicwallet. 

I've been using Exodus and Metamask for a while now. Looking into a Ledger as my hardware wallet. As all your coins are never in your wallet to begin with, but all on the blockchain, I believe what you say is correct. As long as the wallet you use supports the coin and type of seedphrase used, you can recover your funds.

12 hours ago, Shlouski said:

if I had backed up the private keys for each crypto

More importantly, make note of your seed phrase (i.e. the 12 or 24 word thing they give you) as that is used to generate your private keys.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 4/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, Shlouski said:

I have been looking at using atomicwallet and/or a hardware wallet to store coins long-term using a dedicated PC.

If for example I was using atomicwallet and one day they disappeared, as in went out of business, would I still be able to recover my coins if I had backed up the private keys for each crypto?

I use a a Ledger hardware wallet as well and it lets you access your wallet both on your phone and and PC(windows for me) freely. I absolutely love it for long term storage. The other features of the app aren't competitive for me in Canada so your mileage may vary in that regard. Reminder to only buy hardware wallets from the manufacturer directly or from a distributor they link to on the official website. Again I absolutely love it and I have never had a hick up or bug while using it for the last year. Highly recommend this over a windows wallet because if your pc dies you have access to it on your phone and vice versa. Any questions about it let me know.

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050