Completely new to pc gaming and need help all around

Budget (including currency): 500 usd 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly game pass ultimate and call of duty. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have been watching the linus tech tips 2020 budget builds video and and the video building a pc comparable in price to an Xbox series x. I have been wanting to upgrade my Xbox for a while now but finding one in stock has proved more annoying than its worth. Then I stumbled onto your video on making a pc build comparable in price and figured why not go that route and build my first pc? The problem is I have never dabbled in pc gaming before and have no idea where to start. And my budget is definitely on the lower end. I would love to build something cheaper but have the ability to upgrade components piece by piece as time and money allows. So here I am. Also I will need advice on what programs and OS to use as I have really only used pre loaded Microsoft versions on pc's. Please help!

The ironic part is the GPU you'll need will be harder to find than a Series X.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Jokes on you I don't know what a gpu is to need one 🤣

This build's performance will be comparable to a laptop. But, this should suit you.  The GPU isn't actually this expensive. 

11 minutes ago, Henry2026 said:

This build's performance will be comparable to a laptop. But, this should suit you.  The GPU isn't actually this expensive. 

I dont think the gpu is worth the price. 499 dollars for a 4gb GPU not at all worth the price. The best idea right now would be to go with the non f intel cpu to get the iGPU and save up to but a good worth the price GPU after the global shortage is over. And meanwhile to game 

also @Henry2026 his budget was 500 usd. And this is not comparable to a laptop. Buying a laptop would be better because you would get almost the same performance but at lower price with all the components .

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

2 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

I dont think the gpu is worth the price. 499 dollars for a 4gb GPU not at all worth the price. The best idea right now would be to go with the non f intel cpu to get the iGPU and save up to but a good worth the price GPU after the global shortage is over. And meanwhile to game 

Again, this isn't the real price. The GPU shortage has made it $500

This might be worth the price build 

It's just 5 dollars over your budget. Also sometime a bios update might be required for the motherboard. Also i had to get rid of the ssd cause wouldn't fit in the budget according to the other parts. But the Seagate Barracuda Compute is very good for the price and it also has very good speeds and 2tb storage.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Hey I am ok eith going over budget at leat a bit, that was mostly just a starting point. I should have known better about the shortages as I work in the 12v auto industry and have been experiencing the same thing for the past year plus. Thank you guys so much !!

6 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

This might be worth the price build 

It's just 5 dollars over your budget. Also sometime a bios update might be required for the motherboard. Also i had to get rid of the ssd cause wouldn't fit in the budget according to the other parts. But the Seagate Barracuda Compute is very good for the price and it also has very good speeds and 2tb storage.

I think so you don't need 16 gb of ram 8 is enough for budget build for 500$ you can still play games like just cause 3 , gta v , fornite , pubg 

8 minutes ago, Crafter King said:

I think so you don't need 16 gb of ram 8 is enough for budget build for 500$ you can still play games like just cause 3 , gta v , fornite , pubg 

Getting the best for the budget is better.

4 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

Getting the best for the budget is better.

Ok so from all of this info everyone has given, what is the biggest key factor in being able to play AAA titles ? Id like to be able to play current games as well. Also as far as updating individual pieces of tech to get them to work together.. how does one go about doing this? Like the bios update for the motherboard. Can that be done once I get everything together or do I need to do it on another device? I know i sound ignorant but thats only because I am 

8 hours ago, Cavemane408 said:

Ok so from all of this info everyone has given, what is the biggest key factor in being able to play AAA titles ? Id like to be able to play current games as well. Also as far as updating individual pieces of tech to get them to work together.. how does one go about doing this? Like the bios update for the motherboard. Can that be done once I get everything together or do I need to do it on another device? I know i sound ignorant but thats only because I am 

The biggest key factor is that none of the pc parts should bottleneck another. My pc has somewhat same performance like this pc , as far as i know all the games run good at low to medium settings. The bios update should be done after assembling the pc. But for updating the bios you would have to need another pc with you. If you google how to update bios there will be tutorials.

9 hours ago, Cavemane408 said:

Check this out which games can you play => https://www.google.com/amp/s/boltgamer.com/ryzen3-3200g-without-gpu-games/amp/.  and for now don't go for Bios update cause there are chances if you messed up then you won't be able to run your pc so my advice is don't update bios for now do some study for bios update and then go for it

All of the parts listed posted above are not very good. They all use 
-Bad PSUS
-Integrated Graphics

A Series X would be way more powerful than everything listed here. 

The thing is that there is a global Graphics Card shortage, so basically you can't really get a budget gaming PC now. May aswell just get a series X unless you are willing to wait a year or two for Graphics Card prices to become normal.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570