Stuttering problem and its annoying

Rowais Ibrar

Hello I'm facing this annoying stuttering problem and I'm tired of finding solutions for it i played most of my games on this same pc but now this annoying stutter problem has come, I like to mention that i can't place my pc vertically because of gpu sag maybe I'm not sure i tried screwing the card tightly but still no help when i place my pc vertically some annoying lines, sort of black blocks on the screen can be seen and game crashes when i lay down my pc everything is fine the game run smooth

My Pc Specs are:

Cpu: I5 6600k 

Motherboard: Maximum Viii hero

RAM: Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ 

Cooler: Corsair h110

Psu brand is unkown because u bought a used pc but its a 750w

Gpu: Gtx 1070 strix Oc

Ssd: Adata 120GB 

Hdd: ITB WD

Monitor: Dell Zr2440w

38 minutes ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

Hello I'm facing this annoying stuttering problem and I'm tired of finding solutions for it i played most of my games on this same pc but now this annoying stutter problem has come, I like to mention that i can't place my pc vertically because of gpu sag maybe I'm not sure i tried screwing the card tightly but still no help when i place my pc vertically some annoying lines, sort of black blocks on the screen can be seen and game crashes when i lay down my pc everything is fine the game run smooth

My Pc Specs are:

Cpu: I5 6600k 

Motherboard: Maximum Viii hero

RAM: Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ 

Cooler: Corsair h110

Psu brand is unkown because u bought a used pc but its a 750w

Gpu: Gtx 1070 strix Oc

Ssd: Adata 120GB 

Hdd: ITB WD

Monitor: Dell Zr2440w

Never heard of gpu sag doing that.  Could be something else causing it.  Standard causes of stutter are background apps, lack of synch, and inadequate hardware (which I suspect you don’t have) that gpu artifacting when set upright though is an odd one. There are various types of supports for GPUs.  Some of them are sold for a lot of money but in the end they’re all just braces.  Such a thing can be hacked together out of whatever.   If supporting the gpu DOESNT solve the problem it’s something else being affected by gravity and you may have a cracked something someplace.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I've pointed the gpu sag because when i lay my pc down the lines, the blocks crashing of my game is gone that's why i though the sag might be the reason of crashing and the weird line etc. I will try the braces or will find a hack for it to be placed where it should be. The main problem us stuttering I've closed all the background apps like everything, the fps at the time of stutter is still normal like 350-400 or it might be affecting but its like minor so i didn't notice much and i dont know thr sync thing that you said as i have a 60hz monitor can that be a problem? I've used this monitor for about an year now this problem was not there before

8 minutes ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

I've pointed the gpu sag because when i lay my pc down the lines, the blocks crashing of my game is gone that's why i though the sag might be the reason of crashing and the weird line etc. I will try the braces or will find a hack for it to be placed where it should be. The main problem us stuttering I've closed all the background apps like everything, the fps at the time of stutter is still normal like 350-400 or it might be affecting but its like minor so i didn't notice much and i dont know thr sync thing that you said as i have a 60hz monitor can that be a problem? I've used this monitor for about an year now this problem was not there before

If the situation isn’t solved with a brace this may be a gpu or motherboard hardware problem 😕

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You are scaring me man I will try the brace what about the stutter and the synch thing that you said 

2 minutes ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

You are scaring me man I will try the brace what about the stutter and the synch thing that you said 

If the bracing does stop the artifacting issue ruling out the stuff I mentioned could be useful.  If it DOESNT though it could (but still isn’t necessarily) be a bigger problem.

Thank you so much for your time i just hope there is no problem with the hardware 

Can you post videos of what you are seeing? That will be helpful here.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The problem might be that your card's PCI-E connector might be a little bent or broken. So when you lay it down all the weight of the gpu is pushed on to the pci-e connector and the broken parks are pushed into each other. And when placed vertically the weight of the gpu to pull apart the broken parts. This is just an assumption

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 3:45 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Can you post videos of what you are seeing? That will be helpful here.

Yes i can i will soon upload q video

On 4/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, Gamer4714 said:

The problem might be that your card's PCI-E connector might be a little bent or broken. So when you lay it down all the weight of the gpu is pushed on to the pci-e connector and the broken parks are pushed into each other. And when placed vertically the weight of the gpu to pull apart the broken parts. This is just an assumption

I guess the pci is good when i used a 1060 msi on it (vertically) it worked fine because its a two fan card and has lesser span i guess

I'm getting annoyed by the stutters what can be the problem when i open the game csgo tbe character on the main screen stutters for a while to

Should mention: the stuttering issue and the sag issue are likely unrelated.  Stuttering is usually software.  The sag thing is way more messed up though so it’s what is being focused on I think. Imagine someone coming in to the doctor and saying “I developed this annoying itch shortly after my nose fell off”. The doctor is understandably more interested in the cause of the nose problem.

Edited by Bombastinator

3 minutes ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

I'm getting annoyed by the stutters what can be the problem when i open the game csgo tbe character on the main screen stutters for a while to

Stuttering are generally inturupts from other software, speed issues, synch issues, or other stuff.  The first things to check on generally are heat and background apps..

Edited by Bombastinator

On 5/1/2021 at 4:35 AM, Bombastinator said:

Stuttering are generally inturupts from other software, speed issues, synch issues, or other stuff.  The first things to check on generally are heat and background apps..

I did that already still happening should i change my os

On 5/1/2021 at 4:34 AM, Bombastinator said:

Should mention: the stuttering issue and the sag issue are likely unrelated.  Stuttering is usually software.  The sag thing is way more messed up though so it’s what is being focused on I think. Imagine someone coming in to the doctor and saying “I developed this annoying itch shortly after my nose fell off”. The doctor is understandably more interested in the cause of the nose problem.

Yeah you can say that for the sag I've ordered the brace lets see what are the results after

1 hour ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

Yeah you can say that for the sag I've ordered the brace lets see what are the results after

Saw a video recently where a guy used a mr Spock action figure in place of a gpu brace. 

1 hour ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

I did that already still happening should i change my os

Change of OS doesn’t change stuff below the OS, which is where the problem seems to be.   Remember these days PCs aren’t windows machines, they’re windows compatible machines. They’re designed to run an OS of some sort (generally windows) on to of their software, but they’re not actually specifically generic.  Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, etc.. all have their own stuff which windows or Linux or whatever runs on.  This is why intel macs could run windows too.  The issue seems to be with this lower level stuff.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Saw a video recently where a guy used a mr Spock action figure in place of a gpu brace. 

Can you link that video 

Change of OS doesn’t change stuff below the OS, which is where the problem seems to be.   Remember these days PCs aren’t windows machines, they’re windows compatible machines. They’re designed to run an OS of some sort (generally windows) on to of their software, but they’re not actually specifically generic.  Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, etc.. all have their own stuff which windows or Linux or whatever runs on.  This is why intel macs could run windows too.  The issue seems to be with this lower level stuff.

It's getting very confusing now i now I'm not a very expert but i guess I've closed everything while playing 

16199462950042697076436186298041.jpg

The thing is when i had this stuttering problem i changed my OS and without installing any of my other stuff i installed the gpu driver and played the game and it was stuttering 

5 hours ago, Rowais Ibrar said:

Can you link that video 

I’m afraid not i ran across it kind of randomly.  It’s just a question of propping something under the gpu to hold it. 

Stuttering can have many causes.  Going from the bottom up:

Looking at possible straight hardware stuff.

6600k is 4/4.  Newer Aaa games or stuff built to use the maximum of a 6/6 PS4 may have issues because there aren’t enough threads.  There are still things it should run smoothly though.  Many of the lighter weight PvP shooters should run fine.  With some things it’s just going to stutter though because there isn’t enough cpu. 4/4 chips, even fast ones, are just kind of EOL for some gaming.
your memory speed is 3000 but you’ve got a h series board which will not allow memory to run at 3000 speed.  It’s possible your memory automatically dropped to default minimum speed which I think is 2133. There could possibly be something there as well.  
Above the hardware is the BIOS and CMOS.  This is where the board software that is MSI or GIGABYTE or whatever is.  This bit also determines memory speed and such. 
You may have an old BIOS version or a messed up CMOS. The CMOS is motherboard ram that stores stuff like bios settings which mean OC and such (you don’t have an PC with an h series board) the CMOS data is created by the bios but can be corrupted so clearing CMOS can sometimes solve problems. If clearing the CMOS doesn’t solve anything reflashing the BIOS might.  This step is not 100% risk free but at least usually doesn’t cost anything.  If neither of these solves anything the cpu may just be slow for what you want to run.

• 2 weeks later...

I've flashed my bios version month ago to latest version and I've changed my cmos cell as it was not working properly you are telling me to buy a new processor i was think to do that but csgo is very old game it should work without stutter it worked fine for 2 years so last hope is to switch to a newer processor