5950x - Half cores running at 571mhz.

This has me quite concerned. Half of the cores on my 5950x are stuck at 571mhz. No PBO. Temps are ice cold. Power plan is on performance. The only non-default settings in BIOS is DOCP enabled. Tried even running all-core test in cinebench. They wont budge. I can feel the slow speed just typing this.

hXpYwk1.jpg

Do you use standby/sleep on your system? My 3700x sometimes does that after waking up from sleep, only way to fix it is reboot or change windows power management plan

The 'perf#" values denote the Core Performance Order index. I added this information into sensors as I think it might be useful for checking core utilization/clock with respect to the favored cores order.
If there are 2 numbers shown (perf# 1/2), then:
- The first number specifies the CPPC order as defined by the firmware via to Windows. This is available on AMD Zen2 CPUs with latest firmware and Windows 10 and it's the order that's used by Windows scheduler.
- The second number specifies the favored core order defined by hardware
Note that the CPPC order usually doesn't match the hardware one. Reasons for this have been explained by AMD as there are other criteria involved to define the OS-aware performance order for optimal power/performance.

Source:

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/hwinfo-v6-21-4040-beta-released.6083/

In short, it's not your cores actual speed and ignore it. 

Just now, Celestron said:

Hm. I did accidentally hit sleep last night. Quickly brought it back out of sleep for shutdown. A restart did fix the issue. Still quite concerning. Very similar to this issue I found here with a 3900x.   https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/amd-ryzen-3900x-stuck-at-very-low-500-mhz-frequencies-on-several/td-p/81121

See my post above, and in this link the source is using HWMonitor which is not accurate on AMD systems.

Just now, Celestron said:

Hm. The readout on my cooler concurred with HWin if that counts for anything.

If that frequency is the lowest P-State while idle/gated, then that's fine. Pretty normal. 

However your screen shot #Perf, is not always accurate to the actual core frequencies. Obviously. 

You can check windows power profile and set it to performance so it doesn't idle down as much, use Ryzen Balanced perhaps.

You can find the P-states of the Cpu by opening Cpu-Z and hitting the About tab top right, then Save Report (TXT). Open the TxT and scroll to P-states.

Since I'm curious, can you copy paste the P-states for the Cpu here in this thread please?

Power profile is on performance. This is the closest thing I can find to "p-states" in that TxT file. Note: this was taken after the reboot when clock speeds were normal. I can put the PC to sleep to try and induce the issue if need be.

# of P-States        3
    P-State            FID 0x888 - VID 0x48 (34.00x - 1.100 V)
    P-State            FID 0xA8C - VID 0x58 (28.00x - 1.000 V)
    P-State            FID 0xC84 - VID 0x68 (22.00x - 0.900 V)

PStateReg        0x80000000-0x48920888
    PStateReg        0x80000000-0x47160A8C
    PStateReg        0x80000000-0x459A0C84
    PStateReg        0x00000000-0x00000000

Here's a dropbox link to the whole file.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/q06eg1c7xdsyy6b/p-states.txt?dl=0

19 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

If that frequency is the lowest P-State while idle/gated, then that's fine. Pretty normal. 

However your screen shot #Perf, is not always accurate to the actual core frequencies. Obviously. 

You can check windows power profile and set it to performance so it doesn't idle down as much, use Ryzen Balanced perhaps.

You can find the P-states of the Cpu by opening Cpu-Z and hitting the About tab top right, then Save Report (TXT). Open the TxT and scroll to P-states.

Since I'm curious, can you copy paste the P-states for the Cpu here in this thread please?

Sorry I have to remember to quote so you see the reply notification. See post above.

31 minutes ago, Celestron said:

Power profile is on performance. This is the closest thing I can find to "p-states" in that TxT file. Note: this was taken after the reboot when clock speeds were normal. I can put the PC to sleep to try and induce the issue if need be.

# of P-States        3
    P-State            FID 0x888 - VID 0x48 (34.00x - 1.100 V)
    P-State            FID 0xA8C - VID 0x58 (28.00x - 1.000 V)
    P-State            FID 0xC84 - VID 0x68 (22.00x - 0.900 V)

PStateReg        0x80000000-0x48920888
    PStateReg        0x80000000-0x47160A8C
    PStateReg        0x80000000-0x459A0C84

Here's a dropbox link to the whole file.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/q06eg1c7xdsyy6b/p-states.txt?dl=0

This may sound like a stupid question, but do you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed? Are you using the AMD Ryzen Power Plan or the one that comes with Windows? And I'd suggest you use Ryzen Master to monitor clocks, because any 3rd party tool may report incorrect values (that's what ShrimpBrime is hinting at)

6 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

This may sound like a stupid question, but do you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed? Are you using the AMD Ryzen Power Plan or the one that comes with Windows? And I'd suggest you use Ryzen Master to monitor clocks, because any 3rd party tool may report incorrect values (that's what ShrimpBrime is hinting at)

The PC is about three months old. So if its not automatic then no I imagine I do not have the latest chipset drivers. I am using the Windows performance power plan. I will get Ryzen Master asap. Where can one get Ryzen Power Plan? ( Googling that at the moment )

1 minute ago, Celestron said:

The PC is about three months old. So if its not automatic then no I imagine I do not have the latest chipset drivers. I am using the Windows performance power plan. I will get Ryzen Master asap. Where can one get Ryzen Power Plan?

The Ryzen Power Plans are part of the AMD Chipset Driver bundle, so you probably should install the entire bundle: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Thanks so much. Before I do download anything. What is the difference between your link the and one I found here?  https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-5950x

Edit: Nevermind. Seems my link is just for Ryzen Master. Should be good to go on that front. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Celestron said:

Thanks so much. Before I do download anything. What is the difference between your link the and one I found here?  https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-5950x

Your link is for software usful in combination with your CPU, so it lists Ryzen Master, but not the Chipset driver, since the chipset is part of the board not the CPU, my link is just a different set of downloads corresponding to board related software, e.g. Chipset Drivers (the only one you really need from that site, unless you're doing some sort of RAID)
So get Ryzen Master from your link and AMD Chipset Drivers from the link I provided, and you should be good to go