Did my PSU kill my graphics cards?

Geneslaw

So I've had two cards die on me in short succession. 3 of you count that I had one repaired. 

My first card was a GTX780, reference design. It started showing artifacts (coloured triangles, and patterned dots), so I got a GTX1080. This one started showing the same artifacts after two weeks. I had it repaired (a reball), but it died again after another 2 weeks. I had it repaired again, and this time used different RAM, CPU, and motherboard. It died again. The only common factor was the PSU. I didn't have a spare unit to test with. Others have confirmed that it's the GTX1080 that's acting up. It's not only behaving this way in my system. The cards are definitely broken. 

My PC has a 7700K, MSI Z270I Pro Carbon AC, some Ballistix RAM, and the PSU is a Corsair SF600 Platinum 600W that's not even a year old. It's not part of the recall SKU. I already checked. 

So yeah, cards keep dying in my system. I'm becoming paranoid. The real question is then, am I just extremely unlucky to have graphics cards die on my so often? Or is my computer actually killing them? How would I even know? 

motherboards shouldn't kill them, but can be a reason for it not working.

PSU's and it's cables can be an serious issue, if it's not correct it can just destroy/blow up the card.

If you ever heard a sound when starting up, that might be releated to it blowing up or if detecting any smoke and if seen with others that they are broken.

If you use extention, those can have a lot more issues and with miners having poor cables that set on fire (cheap/not known third party cables)

5 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

motherboards shouldn't kill them, but can be a reason for it not working.

PSU's and it's cables can be an serious issue, if it's not correct it can just destroy/blow up the card.

If you ever heard a sound when starting up, that might be releated to it blowing up or if detecting any smoke and if seen with others that they are broken.

If you use extention, those can have a lot more issues and with miners having poor cables that set on fire (cheap/not known third party cables)

I've tried a completely different board after the second repair. Completely different generation. Others have confirmed the card itself was damaged. 

I've always used the cables that came with my PSU. No extension. Never head a pop.