Nonstop BSODs on Windows 10 Install / Faulty Hardware Issue?

Kari_OS
Go to solution Solved by Kari_OS,

Edit: The CPU was Defective. Techs tested it in about 5 seconds, replaced it with another and it works just fine.

Both during and after the install of windows 10 there have been non-stop bluescreen errors completely at random, right after startup, when interacting with files or even just by moving the cursor.
It is not entirely consistent with what causes the crashes, but seems to BSOD most often when accessing context menus or using USB peripherals at all.

I've attached the Minidump Minidumps.zipfiles in the zip below.
EDIT: Attached Perflogs report & New Minidumps report.xmlNew Minidumps.rar

Attached Memtest86 Report & Log Files

Specs:

• Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO (x570)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • RAM: 2 x 32GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX (3600Mhz) Model:CMK64GX4M2D3600C18
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
  • SSD: Sabrent Rocket 1TB (Pcie 4.0, M.2, 2280)
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 (1000W 80+ Titanium, Fully Modular)

UEFI/BIOS (ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO BIOS 3501)

Frequent Crash Messages:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Wdf01000.sys)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA (Win32kfull.sys)
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA (win32kbase.sys)

What I've tried:
Updating BIOS
Reformatting & Installing older versions of windows 10.
Updating outdated drivers.
Running chkdsk /f /r
Running Windows Memory Diagnostic, No Issues Detected.
Booting with 1 stick & 2 sticks of ram with no differences in when it crashes (A2, B2)
Trying both base memory frequency (2333) and listed (3600) with no difference in effect.

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for just over 6 days now with no luck before postin' here. (Can dated/old USB Peripherals cause an issue, or is my hardware FUBAR?)
Perflogs report couldn't be saved in HTML Format, is the default XML alright? Had to troubleshoot why it wouldn't write and it was a default folder permissions issue.

Thanks!

MemTest86.log MemTest86-Report-20210420-065524.html

Edit: The CPU was Defective. Techs tested it in about 5 seconds, replaced it with another and it works just fine.

Both during and after the install of windows 10 there have been non-stop bluescreen errors completely at random, right after startup, when interacting with files or even just by moving the cursor.
It is not entirely consistent with what causes the crashes, but seems to BSOD most often when accessing context menus or using USB peripherals at all.

I've attached the Minidump Minidumps.zipfiles in the zip below.
EDIT: Attached Perflogs report & New Minidumps report.xmlNew Minidumps.rar

Attached Memtest86 Report & Log Files

Specs:

• Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO (x570)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • RAM: 2 x 32GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX (3600Mhz) Model:CMK64GX4M2D3600C18
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
  • SSD: Sabrent Rocket 1TB (Pcie 4.0, M.2, 2280)
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 (1000W 80+ Titanium, Fully Modular)

UEFI/BIOS (ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO BIOS 3501)

Frequent Crash Messages:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Wdf01000.sys)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA (Win32kfull.sys)
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA (win32kbase.sys)

What I've tried:
Updating BIOS
Reformatting & Installing older versions of windows 10.
Updating outdated drivers.
Running chkdsk /f /r
Running Windows Memory Diagnostic, No Issues Detected.
Booting with 1 stick & 2 sticks of ram with no differences in when it crashes (A2, B2)
Trying both base memory frequency (2333) and listed (3600) with no difference in effect.

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for just over 6 days now with no luck before postin' here. (Can dated/old USB Peripherals cause an issue, or is my hardware FUBAR?)
Perflogs report couldn't be saved in HTML Format, is the default XML alright? Had to troubleshoot why it wouldn't write and it was a default folder permissions issue.

Thanks!

MemTest86.log MemTest86-Report-20210420-065524.html

Edited by Kari_OS
Fixed

Unfortunately your install appears to be corrupted - completely wipe the drive. Format it in NTFS. Reinstall Windows from a DVD (or USB). Should work OK then. Because USB is Universal, older peripherals work on new systems and new peripherals work on systems from the 90's so that's not a problem.

3 hours ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Unfortunately your install appears to be corrupted - completely wipe the drive. Format it in NTFS. Reinstall Windows from a DVD (or USB). Should work OK then. Because USB is Universal, older peripherals work on new systems and new peripherals work on systems from the 90's so that's not a problem.

Just tried a fresh format making sure it was NTFS with no luck, got a BSOD just as I was inputting the product key for the windows 10 installation.
Got a little further the second attempt but still no dice, BSOD while the setup was initializing.

bs1.png

12 hours ago, Kari_OS said:

Just tried a fresh format making sure it was NTFS with no luck, got a BSOD just as I was inputting the product key for the windows 10 installation.
Got a little further the second attempt but still no dice, BSOD while the setup was initializing.

bs1.png

Call a Windows support person and give them that code: the IRQL not less or equal.

If that doesn't work, create a new disk/USB for install because yours could have a corrupted ISO.

5 hours ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Call a Windows support person and give them that code: the IRQL not less or equal.

If that doesn't work, create a new disk/USB for install because yours could have a corrupted ISO.

No luck on the fresh installs, both with a new ISO and with a newly formatted USB Stick with the Windows Media Creation Tool; neither worked and both render the same issues.

I've updated the original post to have the Perflogs report and will post the Memtest86 results tonight.

Maybe it's CPU/Motherboard problem. My friend had a laptop that froze on os and during fresh windows installation he changed motherboard and everything was fine.

On 4/20/2021 at 10:27 AM, NotFakeName said:

Maybe it's CPU/Motherboard problem. My friend had a laptop that froze on os and during fresh windows installation he changed motherboard and everything was fine.

Alright, I'll give swapping out the CPU a shot tommorrow, if not it's probably the motherboard or SSD left.

Memtest86 passed after running a full day, though the DRAM firmware version looked a little funky; attached the logs in the main post.

ram.png