My PC shut down in middle of a game and won't boot anymore...

durg.exe

I bpught a cheap optiplex 7010 sff with an i7 3773 (because budgets suck) and slammed an 1050 ti in there... Worked perfectly for months. Until yesterday. It just shut down while playing and never turbs on again.

NOW i have done multiple things to determine what the problems are. What I think the problem is that my cpu suddenly died. Checked some thread on Tom's hardware forum, helped nothing. So what I did to determie this is: Reseat and repkace Ram, Changed the motherboard (random one I had lying around), putting a diff graphics card, Changing the ssd with a different ssd and different hdd... Done it all.

but what caught my attention is that it worked when i change the Cpu... Half... It get to the HP logo thingy before the bios (on the spare mobo) but nothing on the Dell one... I still think its a dead Cpu but ind like some help as i'm fairly new to this stuff... 

Ignore typos, made it on phone for obvious reasons. 

Thndanks in advance tho. 

5 minutes ago, durg.exe said:

I bpught a cheap optiplex 7010 sff with a a a an i7 3773 (because budgets suck) and slammed an 1050 ti in there... Worked perfectly for months. Until yesterday. It just shut down while playing and never turbs on again.

NOW i have done multiple things to determine what the problems are. What I think the problem is that my cpu suddenly died. Checked some thread on Tom's hardware forum, helped nothing. So what I did to determie this is: Reseat and repkace Ram, Changed the motherboard (random one I had lying around), putting a diff graphics card, Changing the ssd with a different ssd and different hdd... Done it all.

but what caught my attention is that it worked when i change the Cpu... Half... It get to the HP logo thingy before the bios (on the spare mobo) but nothing on the Dell one... I still think its a dead Cpu but ind like some help as i'm fairly new to this stuff... 

Ignore typos, made it on phone for obvious reasons. 

Thndanks in advance tho. 

Can you boot with the 2nd motherboard?

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Just now, davemc said:

Can you boot with the 2nd motherboard?

Nope only the logo befire bios. Also only with the other cpu

Like it gets stuck there beeping every two mins

2 minutes ago, durg.exe said:

I bpught a cheap optiplex 7010 sff with a a a an i7 3773 (because budgets suck) and slammed an 1050 ti in there... Worked perfectly for months. Until yesterday. It just shut down while playing and never turbs on again. NOW i have done multiple things to determine what the problems are. What I think the problem is that my cpu suddenly died. Checked some thread on Tom's hardware forum, helped nothing. So what I did to determie this is: Reseat and repkace Ram, Chn

If the RAM was bad you would here beeping noised on a DELL machine that old, same goes for the CPU and GPU. 

Take the side panel off, if the cpu fan isn't moving when turning the system on, not even a little bit, then you have a power delivery issue. You could try replacing the PSU. You won't need more than a 250 or 300 W SFF unit. Those are not that expensive. You can also use a ATX PSU to test with but it will not fit inside the case, if you don't care about having one externally, you can surely do that long term as well if you like.

I doubt you would have killed the cpu, not unless it ran too hot over an extended period of time or sudden power surge in your home. There is a chance the motherboard died but again, on it's own, not very likely. You can try unplugging the power cord from the back of the pc and removing the CMOS battery. Then hitting the power button a couple of times before putting it back in and inserting the power plug into the pc. Probably won't work but worth a try.

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

If the RAM was bad you would here beeping noised on a DELL machine that old, same goes for the CPU and GPU. 

Take the side panel off, if the cpu fan isn't moving when turning the system on, not even a little bit, then you have a power delivery issue. You could try replacing the PSU. You won't need more than a 250 or 300 W SFF unit. Those are not that expensive. You can also use a ATX PSU to test with but it will not fit inside the case, if you don't care about having one externally, you can surely do that long term as well if you like.

I doubt you would have killed the cpu, not unless it ran too hot over an extended period of time or sudden power surge in your home. There is a chance the motherboard died but again, on it's own, not very likely. You can try unplugging the power cord from the back of the pc and removing the CMOS battery. Then hitting the power button a couple of times before putting it back in and inserting the power plug into the pc. Probably won't work but worth a try.

I'll recheck everything tomorrow (1am here) thanks so much tho! 

In my experience, CPUs don't die, unless you really run them out of spec. And even then, they normally don't die. Unless you're overvolting them like crazy. The only dead CPU I've ever seen is the one I killed by drilling a hole in it and using it as a key chain. It was a Core 2 Duo anyway, and not even a high end one. Those things are basically worthless. And those AMD CPUs back in the day could kill themselves because they didn't have temperature sensors. There was no thermal throttling. But that's also way back. 

I'd be more suspicious of the motherboard. But you've already replaced it. So that's also extremely unlikely. Maybe both boards have an empty CMOS battery. Next on my list would be the PSU. It probably couldn't quite handle an i7 and a 1050ti.

8 hours ago, Geneslaw said:

In my experience, CPUs don't die, unless you really run them out of spec. And even then, they normally don't die. Unless you're overvolting them like crazy. The only dead CPU I've ever seen is the one I killed by drilling a hole in it and using it as a key chain. It was a Core 2 Duo anyway, and not even a high end one. Those things are basically worthless. And those AMD CPUs back in the day could kill themselves because they didn't have temperature sensors. There was no thermal throttling. But that's also way back. 

I'd be more suspicious of the motherboard. But you've already replaced it. So that's also extremely unlikely. Maybe both boards have an empty CMOS battery. Next on my list would be the PSU. It probably couldn't quite handle an i7 and a 1050ti.

I checked, i had a spare 500w psu and pkugged it in but it still didn't work. 

Alrighty it wored :D Thanks so much!