ASRock performance degrades over time? Problems with ASRock B550m Steel Legend ?

I went to Microcenter to buy a motherboard. I was thinking about an ASRock, and the salesperson told me that the performance will degrade over time. Or that it won't use the CPU as efficiently over time because ASRock uses certain lower quality components or something. He said there was an LTT video about it, but I can't find anything about it, and I don't understand how motherboard/CPU performance could possibly degrade or become less efficient over time.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? 

I'm thinking of buying the ASRock B550m Steel Legend. The main con I've read is that the 2nd M.2 Slot is PCIe Gen3x2 only rather than Gen3x4.  Are there any better Ryzen 5000 motherboards for less than $150?

So, he's full of it. I have the same motherboard, and it's great. The 2nd M.2 slot being Gen3 is a B550 thing, not an ASrock thing. All B550 boards will have this. If you really need both M.2 slots being Gen4, you gotta bump up to an x570 board. Basically, there's not a ton of Gen4 SSDs out there anyway yet, but if you do buy one you're fine. The 2nd M.2 drive would likely be for mass storage. For that, Gen3 is fine. 

Essentially, if you're not spending more than $150 on a motherboard, you're not going to be buying 2 Gen4 M.2 drives to put in it anytime soon, so it's a moot point.