Did I get a good deal.

Endless_Anarchy

I managed to get my hands on an Evga Rtx 2060 super, new unopened, for 500 usd. I know that is like 50-100 dollars more than retail when it came out, but did I get a good deal when considering the climate as it is right now?

15 minutes ago, Endless_Anarchy said:

I managed to get my hands on an Evga Rtx 2060 super, new unopened, for 500 usd. I know that is like 50-100 dollars more than retail when it came out, but did I get a good deal when considering the climate as it is right now?

Yeah, pretty nice. A lot of people are paying a lot more and due to the current market 100 over msrp isnt too crazy, and the 2060s is a great card which should be able to play a fair amount of future games.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

18 hours ago, davemc said:

Yeah, pretty nice. A lot of people are paying a lot more and due to the current market 100 over msrp isnt too crazy, and the 2060s is a great card which should be able to play a fair amount of future games.

It is not that this card will be permanent, I am just going to use it while I am on the Evga waiting list for a 3070. But for the time being this will be more than enough. There is a document showing where the queue is at, so I estimate at least 6 months since I placed my order recently. 

Queue Link - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NrR71ipaJktCzT1pWj9FWxNHGWAbcxMorvRvEPaPh48/edit