Chinese chip manufacturer, Loongson Technology, has developed its own CPU architecture

Delicieuxz
1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

idk while there is 1 league of legends server in america and 2 in europe theres apparently 29 league of legends servers in china

OT

If you read what games are allowed in China it is truly amazing. Showing sex, drugs, blood et.c are a big no no it seems, it is like the Christians in America in the late 1900s who wanted to ban Mortal Kombat.

For example, Battlefield 4 was banned because it was "discrediting China's national image as well as threatening national security".

LOL.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

With this step China has official became a true full blown super power. I mean they were a super power before... just that they still had to rely on outside tech before. And China still has no signs of slowing down...

25 minutes ago, lostcattears said:

With this step China has official became a true full blown super power. I mean they were a super power before... just that they still had to rely on outside tech before. And China still has no signs of slowing down...

Like I said before, China is all smoke and mirrors, just ask Taiwan about that. If they really wanted to develop something like a CPU then why not wait and show us/let us test it? This reeks of the version of Android operating system they talked about that they were going to design but turned out they copied again.

It took them years to reproduce the ballpoint pen, something that was created in the 1930s by Europeans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-has-finally-figured-out-how-to-make-ballpoint-pens-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

China is good at producing/copying the more simple things but what they lack is innovation. Like all communist countries (which originated from Europe as well) they think with a hive mindset and have a hard time thinking outside the box. I have known some mainland Chinese people over the years and they are very good at doing what they are told to do but lack in free thinking. Comparing them to for example Taiwanese people is like black and white really if you have a open discussion with them.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

1 hour ago, TheReal1980 said:

Like I said before, China is all smoke and mirrors, just ask Taiwan about that. If they really wanted to develop something like a CPU then why not wait and show us/let us test it? This reeks of the version of Android operating system they talked about that they were going to design but turned out they copied again.

It took them years to reproduce the ballpoint pen, something that was created in the 1930s by Europeans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-has-finally-figured-out-how-to-make-ballpoint-pens-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

China is good at producing/copying the more simple things but what they lack is innovation. Like all communist countries (which originated from Europe as well) they think with a hive mindset and have a hard time thinking outside the box. I have known some mainland Chinese people over the years and they are very good at doing what they are told to do but lack in free thinking. Comparing them to for example Taiwanese people is like black and white really if you have a open discussion with them.

Well if you have read the article or just read the OP... they already said they would be releasing the commercial version later this year. No one believed China could have recreated a new operating system in 1 year. But with semiconductors CPU they have been working hard on it for over a decade besides the hurdle they had to over come was also with language.

You gave an example of a ballpoint pen that it took them now to recreate... as they usually buy the balls from switz, and metal from Japan according to the article from BI auss. It was just that they didn't have a precise enough machines back in 2017 and High quality enough steel. It wasn't like they didn't know how to make it... They obviously knew the shape etc etc Mass producing it was a different story. Remember they have only started creating by themselves in the last 2 decade, I doubt they put in that much money and power into recreating/mass producing ball point pens. They have other better things they should be recreating. It most likely wasn't very high on the list of things they have to steal.

Yea I agree CHina is insanely good at mass producing and copying, yes they lack innovation but not entirely a ton of stuff is actually invented in China as CHina might only be in second to third place in new creations, none of them extremely life changing but being #3 in the world is dam good. Besides Stop thinking that USA/Europe everyone there are geniuses capable of thinking outside the box... That is simply not true... Most citizen from all 3 countries are basically the same just that Western countries typically do to intensity of capitalism propels them to think outside the box to make more money. Having 1.2bil people in a country can do wonders...

Also I am chinese American I know mainland Chinese people, You are grouping them to generally depending which region you are talking about they have many free thinkers. Especially southern China. or the West, The Chinese Gov't mainly have more control in the north and east. China is large.. There are many I disagree with about China and their policies but not all of them are bad... Same with the West...

7 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

Are you really gonna label all 1.2 billion people as "hive mindset" and "have a hard time thinking outside the box". That's just as absurd as "British people all have bad teeth" or "white people are all racist".